What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4th Gen successor wish list

digitalbits6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, now that my iPad 3rd Gen is obsolete, let's see what I wish was in the iPad 4th Gen - but is not. I was a bit surprised to see a faster better iPad(4) Retina in addition to the much leaked iPad Mini. Now with the Lightning connector (which I've been buying to charge our new iPhone5's) - you would think they finally have more real estate to put stereo speakers? Especially since the Kindle Fire HD brags about their stereo speakers. But it looks like headsets or external speakers are the only way to get stereo sound.

So my next iPad feature wish list:
- stereo speakers
- iOS - add provision for handling multiple users (at least a way to hide email, phone contacts). A way loan your iPad to a friend or kids and not have them read or tamper with your "stuff"

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The iPad 3 is not obsolete. Where did you get that idea?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Stereo speakers would be great. My iPhone 4S sounds better than both my iPads.

OP
D

digitalbits6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I said my iPad 3rd gen was obsolete - as joke. I'm still happy with 3rd gen and also my older iPad2 still works fine. I did give my iPad 1st Gen to my baby sister - it was feeling a bit slow to flip through photos.

With the tablet market so competitive, I'm glad there are frequent updates to raise the bar, the functionality and usability of tablets. The iPad allows me to select the right "portable" device for different occasions. On some trips I just take my iPhone and my iPad, some other trips, I take iPad, iPhone and MacBook Air. Although my iPads have cellular, with Verizon's Personal Hotspot on LTE, you don't have to connect the iPad directly to cellular to get data. The Hotspot is not the fastest, but it's not slow on LTE either. So, I can save the $10/month Share Everything connect fee by using the data plan from my iPhone5.

In terms of new features, I suspect more value will start to come from apps and Cloud services. The iPad itself is just a platform to carry with you and provide a UI (user interface). I like Evernote for syncing up content between PCs, Macs, and portable devices. Email and Calendar applications seem to offer good sync and connectivity across devices. Of course FaceBook is important and that seems to be fine on iPad as well. I'd like to hear what else others would like for features or for Cloud based applications and services in the future.

Does anyone want to see stronger authentication? Like finger print reader? Maybe a better self destruct if iPad gets stolen? You can do some of this already with iCloud and find my device (but you need WiFi and a full time cellular connection really makes this more usable to track down a stolen device).

reaston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the iPad 2. I do not want to purchase another one until they increase the storage. If that ever happens.

Most reactions

Latest posts