What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 4.2 GM Crashing Windows 7 Applications

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
Anyone out there experiencing issues with applications crashing in Windows 7 when the iPad (iOS 4.2GM/Beta) is plugged in? Since Beta 2, I've been experiencing issues with two applications crashing, SnagIt Editor and Windows Live Writer. They both crash each and every time I plug in the iPad.

The iPad syncs fine...or at least it did until I used iTunes 10.1 to sync it...now I can only sync with the Mac.

Regardless...anyone experiencing similar issues?

BTW it is a legit copy of iOS.

caver3d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have no problem syncing my iPad with iTunes 10.1 on my PC desktop (Vista).

caver3d

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Running Vista -- The only issue I have noticed (so far!) after installing iOS 4.2GM and iTunes 10.1 is that when I plug my iPad in and fire up iTunes then search through he apps on the Apps tab, iTunes locks up big time. I can search through the apps in the library just fine. Minor annoyance... so far!

GaurhothW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... fire up iTunes then search through he apps on the Apps tab, iTunes locks up big time. I can search through the apps in the library just fine. Minor annoyance... so far!

I can confirm the same bug. I am on windows 7 64bit. Hopefully that is fixed in the final release of 10.1 because it makes it more difficult to manage the apps installed on my second iPad. Luckily I can drag drop apps from the library on to the device.

OP
gjperera

gjperera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gilsmethod.com
... fire up iTunes then search through he apps on the Apps tab, iTunes locks up big time. I can search through the apps in the library just fine. Minor annoyance... so far!

I can confirm the same bug. I am on windows 7 64bit. Hopefully that is fixed in the final release of 10.1 because it makes it more difficult to manage the apps installed on my second iPad. Luckily I can drag drop apps from the library on to the device.

This is what I have been doing...I ended up creating a share of the Apps on my network to be able to access them between the Mac and PC ;) What applications are crashing on your end? I also run 64bit 7. I wonder if this has to do with the AirPrint being taken to the chopping block?

iwhat

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Same here,I am not sure what kind of lockup you are facing but mine goes all white and apply button ,the top area where you see the progress of sync etc along with the app list window where you select app by ticking beside them,all goes white like a brand new A4 paper. Strangely though the sync is always successful,but the itunes is totally unusable at that point and I need to close and restart the itunes. I am on WinXP SP3 :)

GaurhothW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fortunately, it looks like the officially released iTunes 10.1 has resolved this issue for me.

Frezing Phoenix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yup my iPad and iTunes have been acting up and being major resource pigs :( sadly even with iTunes 10.1 it occasionally happens. Oh how I miss the good "ole" days when iTunes was sooooo nice and nimble [think iTunes 3] and without all that bloat [I'm looking at you PINGGGG!!]

Frezing Phoenix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I uninstalled and the reinstalled iTunes 10.1 and then formatted the iPad and upgraded it to 4.2 GM 2 [8C134b] it seems to be acting great again and syncing like a Ferrari again. Touch Wood!! :D

bgunckel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently installed Windows 7 on my PC, and I have iTunes 10.1 installed. While synching my photos in iTunes the OS crashed! This happened multiple times, so I decided to try synching 1 or 2 of my photo (sub)folders at a time. This seemed to work well, until I added a folder that contained over 400 photos. The OS crashed again.

It seems like there is a limit on the number of photos that I can add each time. Once I get the photos loaded onto the iPad I have no synch issues at all. Getting them loaded in the first place is the problem. Loading the photos 1 folder at a time is quite tedious, and not it looks like I'll have to split up folders that contain too many photos.

This is really getting frustrating. I wonder if Mac owners have to deal with this as well. I'm also wondering if this may be a memory (RAM) issue. I recently ordered 4 new 2GB memory sticks that should arrive soon (I currently have 4GB). Hopefully, this will solve the issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts