What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3G Support Group Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As a Apple reseller for 25 years and knowing how Apple operates and understanding that all ipads are manufactured off shore I dissagree with above. Delivery is an estimate late April is correct they have achieved that dead line ok. The despatching from china through to you is computerized so you are notified at the correct time in the schedule. Once your item is picked for delivery then you notified by the automatic system and that is no different to any major company This is not a mom and pop store. If you order a Dell computer on line it is Approx 10 to 14 days to delivery and thats a standard order (aussie) No different to Apple
.Sometimes a shortage of a component can delay shipments or delays can occur in customs or flights any of this can delay the delivery
It's an estimate to cover varables.
So relax and enjoy your ipad when it comes in on the 30th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's exactly my point. many of us ordered on march 12th. that's roughly 38 days ago. A large corporation should have no problems comfortably meeting a deadline with that kind of leeway. rather than rushing them all in at the last moment. It just shows how they are delegating resources. which is prioritizing the current demand over commitment to previous orders. correct me if my logic is flawed...

blake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
man all you guys are trippin. you're gonna get your iPad, stop complaining. Apple doesn't owe you anything for you pre-ordering. They gave you the option for piece of mind, not for a priority shipment.

PixMan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sickpup and pixman...I do not care if you believe me or not. I posted my info to share not to be berated. I have nothing to prove to you or any other negative person on here. .....
seeing your posts and some of the others that followed I now believe that
even if I posted the info you would have made another accusation saying I lied
or it's fake......

The facts are that there are a lot of frauds and trolls on almost all forums. We have NO WAY to evaluate you or your facts unless you post proof, which you have not done. Such proof is customary, I am sure you know that. If you want an apology, post a legible copy of what you claim to have gotten. Until then, anything you say could be legitimate or just BS, and no one has any way to tell the difference. I find it very interesting that no such proof has been forthcoming. That is all I have to say and will be signing off the forum at this point since we all now have an official date from Apple and therefore I no longer need to hang around for that information, which is what this thread was all about.

sickpup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
QUOTE:
sickpup and pixman...I do not care if you believe me or not. I posted my info to share not to be berated. I also do not care if you believe I work govt. I have nothing to prove to you or any other negative person on here. Have you ever thought that some people work nightshifts? If you saw my log on...well
that would make sense..... I rarely log out of this forum when in iPhone. After
or it's fake or whatever words you choose to use.....which would lead right
back to where you are now.. If my post mislead you I apologize; my intentions was for information sharing. Believe it or not. If I get my ipad as stated on the 24th great. If it comes after great. I have many
other things more important than the arrival of the ipad.[/quote]

I believe at this point that you are nothing but a sham. You are probably a pimple faced male geek that gets his jollies pretending to be a female government employee. You post BS to stir up a forum and have a big old laugh. Like PixMan, I have found out the truth, and no longer need to seek what information I can glean from this forum. To all the honest and up front posters it has been interesting and we can meet again in the fall and agonize over when Steve will release 4.0. CYA

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
QUOTE:
sickpup and pixman...I do not care if you believe me or not. I posted my info to share not to be berated. I also do not care if you believe I work govt. I have nothing to prove to you or any other negative person on here. Have you ever thought that some people work nightshifts? If you saw my log on...well
back to where you are now.. If my post mislead you I apologize; my intentions was for information sharing. Believe it or not. If I get my ipad as stated on the 24th great. If it comes after great. I have many
other things more important than the arrival of the ipad.

I believe at this point that you are nothing but a sham. You are probably a pimple faced male geek that gets his jollies pretending to be a female government employee. You post BS to stir up a forum and have a big old laugh. Like PixMan, I have found out the truth, and no longer need to seek what information I can glean from this forum. To all the honest and up front posters it has been interesting and we can meet again in the fall and agonize over when Steve will release 4.0. CYA

I have to agree with Pixman and Sickpup.

Scarlettohara1 your either a troll or stupid or more likely both. I hope you got your jollies, because no one is going to believe you from here on....

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have decided to declare the official ship date of the Apple iPad to be April 30th. Now we can just sit back and relax because we know the date. We can even start counting down the days:

Official Countdown to the Apple 3G iPad: 13 Days!

Whew, I feel better already :)

Hey, I was ALMOST right! On the 4/17/10 I said that our iPads would ship! Instead we are going to receive them!

So I had this thought, checking email on the go, running thousands of apps, and playing games should be easier, and Apple must have heard me!

Hi, I'm a Mac, and the iPad was MY idea :)

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
man all you guys are trippin. you're gonna get your iPad, stop complaining. Apple doesn't owe you anything for you pre-ordering. They gave you the option for piece of mind, not for a priority shipment.

Actually i can think of several businesses that pre sell an item like a hot car model and it takes awhile to make delivery in the USA.

There is little bitching about the wait for if you want to cancel there are a ton behind you on the waiting list who get your slot.

I could even se some slickers at the bottom of the list trying to fan discontent to maximize their own chances of getting it sooner.

:eek::eek::eek:

JMK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mr sickpup....unfortunately in govt work most of the time it is not a 9-5 job. I already tried to post the shipping info from my iPhone and couldn't. I will post the shipping info as soon as I am able. Just promise me that once I do you will stop being disrespectful and/or a smart a$$....or is that just your nature?
Well now, we have not seen any copies of your much discussed Apple notice posted here.

Shame on you Miss Scarlett. Just reflects the current state of our government I guess
other things more important than the arrival of the ipad.

OK. Cool.

1) Show us an unpacking video with 3G at the top.
Should arrive... when again?

2) ...or, you could admit you made a boo boo.

I do not think "1)" will happen.

I think maybe your credibility is shot. ;)

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's my deal for general consumption. My wife of 22 years is afflicted with MS and has very fine motor control loss and a decided tremor of anticipation. She's bedridden for most of her day. When the Amazon Kindle was introduced, I jumped on the first order and it opened up a huge window of her life: it allowed her to read by a simple push of a button. Now, this 3G iPad gizmo should allow her to push a button and see the internet and read email and maybe even communicate by social network. She's been afflicted for 17 years; she doesn't know this is coming and when it does, it should brighten her life. If she can wait for it, so can we all.

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know what the funny thing is? Ever since apple gave the official date, no one has claimed that their 3G is shipping! Weird huh? I guess apple stopped sending those fake shipping notices. ;) gotta find humor somewhere fellas. I'm gonna finish my wine now, later...

lowlife

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@4phun

I'm counting on you as my free apps guru. You should start a thread. It will make waiting that much easier.

I will admit I feel better with a solid date, albeit disappointed by the date. Emotionally I am a bit drained and not as excited as I once was.

OP
G

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's my deal for general consumption. My wife of 22 years is afflicted with MS and has very fine motor control loss and a decided tremor of anticipation. She's bedridden for most of her day. When the Amazon Kindle was introduced, I jumped on the first order and it opened up a huge window of her life: it allowed her to read by a simple push of a button. Now, this 3G iPad gizmo should allow her to push a button and see the internet and read email and maybe even communicate by social network. She's been afflicted for 17 years; she doesn't know this is coming and when it does, it should brighten her life. If she can wait for it, so can we all.

That's awesome figmo10! Just beware - when the next new toy hits it may be her posting her impatience to a thread via her iPad! :D

-Greg

blake

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Actually i can think of several businesses that pre sell an item like a hot car model and it takes awhile to make delivery in the USA.

There is little bitching about the wait for if you want to cancel there are a ton behind you on the waiting list who get your slot.

I could even se some slickers at the bottom of the list trying to fan discontent to maximize their own chances of getting it sooner.

:eek::eek::eek:

English isin't your first language is it? I only ask because I didn't understand 80% of what you wrote.

mossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Hey, I was ALMOST right! On the 4/17/10 I said that our iPads would ship! Instead we are going to receive them!"

Close enough for me, Iceman. I declare you the winner!

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@4phun

I'm counting on you as my free apps guru. You should start a thread. It will make waiting that much easier.

I will admit I feel better with a solid date, albeit disappointed by the date. Emotionally I am a bit drained and not as excited as I once was.

You start the thread. Make it with an interesting title that attracts others. There is power in the hundreds you have here who could be on the look out for those 24 hour free apps for the iPad.

I would even make the occasional post as I find them.

Who knows it may be as popular as this thread someday?

FREE

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/2099-physorg-com-news-comes-ipad.html#post14608

mzl.yrdfipmp.480x480-75.jpg

mzl.ftcyssze.480x480-75.jpg

:D:D:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions