What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 3G Shipping April 20 when Apple releases Quarter Sales Fiures to Investors

What do you think of the iPad 3G shipping Tuesday?

• Great News - I have been notified too.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Good News - I am still waiting for notification

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Meh, we will see April 20

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Bad news - you all are brain whashed sheeple -waiting on an iPad killer from Android

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tracking down the news over the last 9 hours I am able to determine that movement has been made on Apple shipping the new iPad 3G.

Notices are being sent out via email to some of those that pre-ordered that their iPad 3G will ship on Tuesday April 20. April 20 is the same day that Apple will release an investment report on earnings. Between that news and the news of the 3G shipping there will be a lot of buzz around the iPad again. I suspect all who are reading this will have a 3G before the end of the week or early next week.

Perhaps someone who follows Twitter can report twitter traffic on this development, I don't have time for twitter myself.

Do a net news search limited to the last 24 hours to see what develops. I see 4 mentions of iPad 3G shipping April 20 from a Google news search.

Last edited:

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 3G Ships April 20, 2010

Tracking down the news over the last 9 hours I am able to determine that movement has been made on Apple shipping the new iPad 3G.

Notices are being sent out via email to some of those that pre-ordered that their iPad 3G will ship on Tuesday April 20. April 20 is the same day that Apple will release an investment report on earnings. Between that news and the news of the 3G shipping there will be a lot of buzz around the iPad again. I suspect all who are reading this will have a 3G before the end of the week or early next week.

Perhaps someone who follows Twitter can report twitter traffic on this development, I don't have time for twitter myself.

Do a net news search limited to the last 24 hours to see what develops. I see 4 mentions of iPad 3G shipping April 20 from a Google news search.

Don't you think that at least ONE forum member would have received such an email and then ran like hell to post that email here?

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Announces Q2 2010 Conference Call

Disclosure of fiscal 2010 second quarter results scheduled for Tuesday, April 20

By Filip Truta, Apple News Editor
April 17th, 2010, 11:58 GMT
Adjust text size:

Apple has confirmed plans to disclose the financial results for Q2 2010 scheduling a conference call for Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 2:00 p.m. PDT/5:00 p.m. EDT. The company headquartered at One Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California will disclose earnings based on sales of iPods, iPhones and Macs, as well as the company’s new and revolutionary tablet device, the iPad.

From Apple’s official announcement....

WHAT: Apple® FY 10 Second Quarter Results Conference Call

WHERE: Via conference call. The dial-in number for press is: (888) 857-6932 (toll-free) or (719) 457-2634

WHEN: Tuesday, April 20, 2010, 2:00 p.m. PDT/5:00 p.m. EDT

To attend the call, interested parties will need to employ QuickTime, the extensible proprietary multimedia framework developed by Apple. The software is capable of handling various formats of digital video, 3D models, sound, text, animation, music, panoramic images, and interactivity.

“Apple’s conference call webcast discussing Q2 - 2010 financial results will begin at 2:00pm PT/5:00pm ET on Tuesday, April 20, 2010,” the company states on its web site. “Please note that comments made during this call may include forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties, and that actual results may differ materially from these forward-looking statements. For more information on the factors that could influence results, please refer to Apple’s SEC filings,” the routine statement goes.

As usual, the conference call will be available as a continuous rebroadcast beginning on the same day but only until Tuesday, May 4 at 5:00 p.m. PDT/8:00 p.m. EDT. The company goes to state that “This recording is the property of Apple and protected by U.S. copyright law and international treaties. Any reproduction or distribution is strictly prohibited without prior written approval from Apple.” For further clarification, interested parties are encouraged to contact Apple Public Relations or Investor Relations.

Last edited:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Considering the fact that the 2nd quarter of 2010 does not end until June 30th of this year I'm not sure how Apple is going to discuss their results. Unless they're changing their fiscal guidance and projections.

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Considering the fact that the 2nd quarter of 2010 does not end until June 30th of this year I'm not sure how Apple is going to discuss their results. Unless they're changing their fiscal guidance and projections.

Maybe they have lost money on the iPad? I noticed a week before its release a bunch of Apple Insiders dumped $20,000,000 of their stock? That leads e to the question - why? Did they need the money to pay taxes? Who pays that kind of taxes anyway?

More likely IMHO they knew something that would kill the stock. So far Apple has gone up from that time so it hasn't made any sense to me.

What do you know?

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Secret iPad Atlanta News Source

flava-flav-ipad-cjr.jpg

Walking around a mall wearing an iPad that's playing a music video? How do you top that? You just can't.

This guy (who turns out to be one of the members of Atlanta rap production duo UGLY) is clearly a fashion pioneer. Think about it: the iPad as a 21st century sandwich board. Forget nametags or "witty" t-shirt designs -- just strap an iPad to your chest and send out whatever message crosses your mind, whether it's advertising your business or, as in this case, your love of music.

It's brilliant, yet somehow terrifying at the same time. If you're going to go with this look, though, make sure you find a strap that can handle 1.5 pounds of weight... it'd be a shame for that $499 fashion accessory to wind up shattered at your feet.

If you want to emulate this fashion-forward look, but you're worried about straining your neck, I guess you can always start small with an iPod touch or iPhone before you start bulking up those neck muscles.​

Last edited:

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Maybe they have lost money on the iPad? I noticed a week before its release a bunch of Apple Insiders dumped $20,000,000 of their stock? That leads e to the question - why? Did they need the money to pay taxes? Who pays that kind of taxes anyway?

More likely IMHO they knew something that would kill the stock. So far Apple has gone up from that time so it hasn't made any sense to me.

What do you know?

They were probably taking a profit on the stock increase. You shouldn't expect the stock to significantly rise after the release of the iPad - but rather after the announcement of the iPad.

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you know?

They were probably taking a profit on the stock increase. You shouldn't expect the stock to significantly rise after the release of the iPad - but rather after the announcement of the iPad.

Then why didn't they wait and cash in on the $10 to $20 APPL rise since then? Some are predicting another $50 rise in APPL this year.

Personally I think they are wrong and everyone is in for a surprise drop in value but if I was always right I would be rich.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Then why didn't they wait and cash in on the $10 to $20 APPL rise since then? Some are predicting another $50 rise in APPL this year.

Personally I think they are wrong and everyone is in for a surprise drop in value but if I was always right I would be rich.

I'm not discounting what your saying - they're probably doing both. I would suspect they're cashing in on a winning investment - and then going back in and buying in waves - x shares at current price, x+y shares when the price rises to a certain point, x+y+z when it reaches another price.

As far as dropping - I'm kind of 50/50 on that. I think it is reasonable to expect a drop after the rise that Apple has had - but the other iPad shoe is still left to drop (hopefully this week) with the 3G's. Probably another bounce with the release of 4.0 and then the sales in November and December - probably followed by iPad 2.0 next spring.

There's also one other thing that has been bouncing around in the back of my head for a couple of weeks now - what about a stock split? This stuff seems primed for a 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 split. Wouldn't YOU like to have $20M sitting in the bank waiting for this to split 4 to 1 -- and then go in and buy 4 times as many shares at the lower price? And then watch the price double over the next 2 years?

OP

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's also one other thing that has been bouncing around in the back of my head for a couple of weeks now - what about a stock split? This stuff seems primed for a 3 to 1 or 4 to 1 split.

Wouldn't YOU like to have $20M sitting in the bank waiting for this to split 4 to 1 -- and then go in and buy 4 times as many shares at the lower price? And then watch the price double over the next 2 years?

Yes!

Last edited:

jamstefan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My 2 cents...

AAPL WILL break the $300 estimation by 12/2010. Almost all analysts in Wall Street have raised their targets from the $250-$275 range to $300, some "crazy" ones even going as high as $350.

If you look at Apple numbers, market conditions, forecast and Apples own performance, it will happen, and I would say sooner than later. Just this past Friday the stock broke the $250 mark, only to shrink slightly to $247 and change. Next week, after the conference call and 3G release, the stock will get to $260, and in June/July, after the new iPhone 4G and Verizon gets in the mix, the stock will be pushed all the way up to the $280-$290 range.

Apple is sitting on a pile of cash; the stock will not go anywhere but up.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My 2 cents...

AAPL WILL break the $300 estimation by 12/2010. Almost all analysts in Wall Street have raised their targets from the $250-$275 range to $300, some "crazy" ones even going as high as $350.

If you look at Apple numbers, market conditions, forecast and Apples own performance, it will happen, and I would say sooner than later. Just this past Friday the stock broke the $250 mark, only to shrink slightly to $247 and change. Next week, after the conference call and 3G release, the stock will get to $260, and in June/July, after the new iPhone 4G and Verizon gets in the mix, the stock will be pushed all the way up to the $280-$290 range.

What do you think the chances of a split?

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 2 cents...

What do you think the chances of a split?

I don't think they will. The new trend is not to. It tends to decrease volitility as well as increase insitutional ownership.

Most reactions

Latest posts