What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 32GB 3G itunes windows 7 connectivity problem.

digiseq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I am having a problem with my ipad . It is recognized by windows7 and appear as a drive in the my computer screen but itunes does not recognize it at all.

2 weeks ago. I had a problem with it 2 weeks ago . Total connectivity with pc was down and also with wall charger. Was charging on low power. But it was fixed by replacing the hardware port . Thats what the store said happened to fix it. "egyptian store called tradeline, yes am in egypt".

Please help me.

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If Win7 can see it ok, you should be able to see the DCIM folder and go into it and see other folders, then the connection appears to be fine. The apple drivers may be bad or corrupt. Try reloading/installing iTunes again.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting both the PC and iPad? I had a similar problem after installing the iTunes update.

OP
D

digiseq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe a fresh installation would fix.

If Win7 can see it ok, you should be able to see the DCIM folder and go into it and see other folders, then the connection appears to be fine. The apple drivers may be bad or corrupt. Try reloading/installing iTunes again.

Thanks i tried installing an update and nothing changed, maybe i should try to uninstall completely then installing the latest version of itunes.

OP
D

digiseq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did reboot the ipad but not the pc

Have you tried rebooting both the PC and iPad? I had a similar problem after installing the iTunes update.

I did reboot my ipad but not my pc after reinstalling the update . I will try that also. But its hard. Who restarts his pc those days:p

Thanks. Will do it and get back to you.

OP
D

digiseq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i uninstalled itunes and reboot the pc now the ipad is not recognized by the pc

i reboot the ipad and not recognized by pc or itunes.
i reboot it in recovery mode. also not recognized by pc or itunes!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using the cable that came with iPad? Ave you tried a different USB port?

OP
D

digiseq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tried another usb port and i tried another cable and i tried another account on my pc. another profile for the windows. and nothing happenes. i noticed something :)

i am getting connectivity on my pc in a strange way. its getting charged without saying its recharging
and on my wall connector it charges also but slow.

any clue whats going on? maybe i should give it back and they get me a new one. :( update is coming soon i cant wait for it for this long time and when it comes. my ipad can't connect to itunes to update :S

please guys help me out. i am so desprate.:(

SweetPoison :) egypt is doing great :)

OP
D

digiseq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
do you mean?

Maybe try restoring Windows, deleteing iTunes and then reinstalling iTunes.

do you mean restoring windows to a date i didnt even get the ipad? before i had connectivity or when exactly?

thanks man:)

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, for reasoning sake,
1. You USED to be able to connect to same PC and iTunes would see it and work.
2. You started having charging issues and iTunes stopped recognizing iPad
3. You took it to a store and the store "repaired" the iPad by replacing the port hardware (or the PC???)
4. You can now connect to PC and see the hardware but itunes does not show iPad.
5. You uninstalled iTunes, reboot you pc, reinstalled iTunes and still can not connected iPad to itunes. ( you installed the correct 32bit/4bit version)
6. You are using the original iPad data cable (not an ipod cable or generic cable) and you tried an alternate usb port on your PC.

If I got this right, then I'd say the repair center did not repair your device correctly. To check this I would try to find access to another PC and see if you can get the same iPad to be identified by that iTunes. If yes, its your PC or setup, if no its the iPad.

OP
D

digiseq

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will do it!

I will do it and get back to you

So, for reasoning sake,
1. You USED to be able to connect to same PC and iTunes would see it and work.
2. You started having charging issues and iTunes stopped recognizing iPad
3. You took it to a store and the store "repaired" the iPad by replacing the port hardware (or the PC???)
4. You can now connect to PC and see the hardware but itunes does not show iPad.
5. You uninstalled iTunes, reboot you pc, reinstalled iTunes and still can not connected iPad to itunes. ( you installed the correct 32bit/4bit version)
6. You are using the original iPad data cable (not an ipod cable or generic cable) and you tried an alternate usb port on your PC.

If I got this right, then I'd say the repair center did not repair your device correctly. To check this I would try to find access to another PC and see if you can get the same iPad to be identified by that iTunes. If yes, its your PC or setup, if no its the iPad.

subbikpm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i reboot the ipad and not recognized by pc or itunes.
i reboot it in recovery mode. also not recognized by pc or itunes!

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP[/QU

Same Issue With My Ipad 3g 64 gb . . Helppp :~(

Most reactions

Latest posts