What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do you miss in the iPad 2 that the iPad 3 definitely should have?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
Higher res screen
Faster processing
Better camera

Add ir so I can us it to open and start my car. Will also née a flash for the 8 mega paid camera. Then add drag-n-drop to the os along with an SD card slot

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the iPad 2 is awesome, all I miss is a retina display. And maybe a usb port. And.. more freedom...

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
But is a retina display really necessary on a large screen like the ipad in the first place? Just a larger res would better suffice, ie, 1600 x 1200 or 1280 x 960 for example. The concept of a retina display is more and more redundant the higher the screen size naturally gets. Think about it.

Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
But is a retina display really necessary on a large screen like the ipad in the first place? Just a larger res would better suffice, ie, 1600 x 1200 or 1280 x 960 for example. The concept of a retina display is more and more redundant the higher the screen res naturally gets. Think about it.

That is a good point.

Higher res. screen and retina display are at some point the same. Apple coined the term retina display to be any display which has a high enough pixel ratio, that the eye cannot see,or distinguish the pixels. Retina display does not mean a certain resolution, dpi, or anything, it is a completely wage term, as it's only restriction is a lower pixel density.

I would assume that when people say retina display, they think of the iPhone display, which does look crisp and want a similar display on the iPad. In the end retina display means a higher resolution display and this is probably what most people ask for when saying retina display. But since higher resolution and retina display go in the same direction, higher resolution, I.e. smaller pixels, is the message to take away: higher res. screen, regardless of how it is named.

dogenia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Currently thoroughly enjoying the Iphone 4 factory unlocked version down here in the Caribbean. The only thing thats not working is facetime since I need to get it activated once Im back in the US. No it's not jailbroken and I see no reason to do so either. Iphone 4 beats the Blackberry Torch pants down.

I can wait for the Ipad 3.

OP
RudyL90

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
That is a good point.

Higher res. screen and retina display are at some point the same. Apple coined the term retina display to be any display which has a high enough pixel ratio, that the eye cannot see,or distinguish the pixels. Retina display does not mean a certain resolution, dpi, or anything, it is a completely wage term, as it's only restriction is a lower pixel density.

I would assume that when people say retina display, they think of the iPhone display, which does look crisp and want a similar display on the iPad. In the end retina display means a higher resolution display and this is probably what most people ask for when saying retina display. But since higher resolution and retina display go in the same direction, higher resolution, I.e. smaller pixels, is the message to take away: higher res. screen, regardless of how it is named.

I thought that retina was the resoltion of the human eye, what I meant was such a resolution that you cannot see the pixels anymore.

mobi1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I want iPad to be a proper replacement of laptop/netbook. It has the ability to do this (even on original iPad) but Apple just won't do it. Till then every new version of iPad will add more and more gimmicks. It will still be no access to file system and using iTunes. :mad:

Don't really see a point for adding camera in iPad 2! It will be ludicrous to take pictures with such a massive thing! :D

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing iPad 1 and 2 are missing. OSX.

Come on MacPad!!! PLEASE THIS YEAR!

Most reactions