What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 3 no ring for face time

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have had my iPad for several months but without wi-fi at home I couldn't use Face Time. Now that Face Time works with 3G, I'm in business.

But after doing everything I can think of, my I-Pad will not ring when I get a Face Time call. I can make/receive calls but no ring.
What's the solution?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In the Settings app, go to the Sounds panel. Make sure the volume slider isn't full off, and choose a ringtone. Next, go to the Notifications panel and make sure Notification Center is ON for FaceTime, and that your ringtone is correct.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

OP
Wildfire

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
In the Settings app, go to the Sounds panel. Make sure the volume slider isn't full off, and choose a ringtone. Next, go to the Notifications panel and make sure Notification Center is ON for FaceTime, and that your ringtone is correct.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Thanks, but I checked what you suggested and the settings were ok.
Not only is face time not ringing, neither is anything else like new mail, etc.
All the sounds individually clicked are OK too.
Somewhere, something isn't turned on right or my iPad is defective?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Wildfire

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's the "Mute" button on the side of my iPad that shut the sounds off.
Must have moved it or my dog did it!

Barry23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, Thanks God you find the solution of the problem, So keep away your iPad from dog reach, And fix the side button with solution tape.

OP
Wildfire

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah, Thanks God you find the solution of the problem, So keep away your iPad from dog reach, And fix the side button with solution tape.

When in doubt, blame the dog! He wouldn't mess with little buttons anyway, but it would be a great toy for total destruction!

I usually learn from my mistakes, so I'll keep the solution tape off;-) Hey, I can always go back to this thread and the one where the mute button was mentioned to solve another person's problem a year ago.

Most reactions

Latest posts