What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 3 HD Video Test - Lufthansa A380 Landing

FreddyTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey guys, this is a quick test video I filmed using my new iPad. I'm pretty impressed with the HD quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is this somehow vieweable at iPad 3 resolution? Does youtube even support that resolution? My monitor here doesn't, so I don't see how we can use this.

rexboe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think he took the video with his new iPad. Good video

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks pretty good to me. I seem to find with my iPad that the video in good light seems as good as my iPhone 4s but in low light it's grainy and my iPhone isn't as grainy.

Sent from my iPad 3

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You took a 1080p video, and wanted to demonstrate to us by uploading it in 720p? lol upload it in 1080p!!

Fairwayman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FreddyTV said:
Correct. I filmed it with my new iPad, uploaded it to YouTube and posted the video here.

I think it takes really good usable video and pics!

L

Lunar

I think it takes really good usable video and pics!

I agree, the quality of pics and video is quite decent especially the 8mb camera, the grandkids had a bit of fun playing with the Photo-Booth app when they popped over the weekend, and a test video I did of them looked pretty good. However, for mainstream pic taking and for shooting general video's I think I'll stick with my normal digital camera and HD camcorder, just a bit easier to carry..lol and obviously designed for the job, but I agree the iPad3 camera's are not bad at all, and some good results can be achieved... only snag, is the iPad does'nt exactly go in your pocket too easy..lol

Texas Holders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree, the quality of pics and video is quite decent especially the 8mb camera, the grandkids had a bit of fun playing with the Photo-Booth app when they popped over the weekend, and a test video I did of them looked pretty good. However, for mainstream pic taking and for shooting general video's I think I'll stick with my normal digital camera and HD camcorder, just a bit easier to carry..lol and obviously designed for the job, but I agree the iPad3 camera's are not bad at all, and some good results can be achieved... only snag, is the iPad does'nt exactly go in your pocket too easy..lol

My digital camera and HD camcorder don't fit in my pocket either...

Obviously though, the iPad wouldn't be my first choice, but I am more likely to have it with me, so it is nice to have HD recording capability for those spur of the moment things that you hadn't preplanned for and brought the better equipment along.

OP
FreddyTV

FreddyTV

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@Yakuzagang5 I uploaded it to YouTube right from my iPad but didn't see the 1080p option, just 720p HD. Do you know how to do it? I'm guessing you have to shoot it to the computer first and upload from there.

Last edited:

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Texas Holders said:
My digital camera and HD camcorder don't fit in my pocket either...

Obviously though, the iPad wouldn't be my first choice, but I am more likely to have it with me, so it is nice to have HD recording capability for those spur of the moment things that you hadn't preplanned for and brought the better equipment along.

I have a messenger bag made for mini laptops that fit my iPad perfectly and I bring mine everywhere. Never know when it will come in handy.

grouchomarx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a messenger bag made for mini laptops that fit my iPad perfectly and I bring mine everywhere. Never know when it will come in handy.

The camera that came with iPad is very primitive. There is nothing to play with other than pressing the shutter. I bought a bunch of camera apps and toyed with them with fairly good results. Although the quality couldn't quite match the output of my now rarely used SLR, but they come awfully close.

The ability for me to instantly edit the photos is a huge plus. I read somewhere that the photos taken with smart devices are growing at over 30% annually while that of single function digital camera staying flat. That is also why Kodak and Fuji stock prices have been dead in the water for being one-trick-pony.

The new ipad, with its more powerful featured ability with editing/sharing/posting ability, could only speed up this trend.

Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
saw this and new right away it was MIA once I saw the tower. I was not to far away when you took that.

The video turned out good being inside the airport grounds and not from the other side of the fence. Do you work at the airport?

Most reactions