What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2

ajcamlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone else seeing a bigger drain on the battery? Seems like it had the opposite effect of what it was supposed to accomplish ......mine goes from a full charge down to half in about 2 hours... Never did this before I updated....

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Been a couple reports from other members with the same problem after taking the 5.1 update

OP
A

ajcamlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Redneck_Randy said:
Been a couple reports from other members with the same problem after taking the 5.1 update

And the bizarre thing is...it's takes longer to charge now!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ajcamlet said:
Anyone else seeing a bigger drain on the battery? Seems like it had the opposite effect of what it was supposed to accomplish ......mine goes from a full charge down to half in about 2 hours... Never did this before I updated....

I'm seeing quite the opposite.I have longer battery life since the upgrade.

maleaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that there is different variations in battery life it seems like, from product to product

Ordering an extended battery can really help

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've not noticed battery diffs since upgrading.

Possibility: Maybe your battery indicator is acting up. Apple recommends draining iPad once a month to keep the indicator accurate.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Not sure if this suggestion will help but review Apple's discussion on Battery Management HERE - at the bottom the recommendation is made to take the battery through a full discharge cycle about once a month to 'recalibrate' battery monitoring - good luck and please post back if you give this a try - might help others?

Most reactions