What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Will not Charge

Peter_Izn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 purchased October 2011 will not charge or connect to iTunes. Battery is 25%.
I have tried several connection cables, mains charger and 12V iPad charger. Connector fits in the slot without any problem. No previous problems.
I live in Spain and purchased iPad 64 wifi/3g from Pixmania Internet Store.
What to do, please help.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Peter_Izn said:
My iPad 2 purchased October 2011 will not charge or connect to iTunes. Battery is 25%.
I have tried several connection cables, mains charger and 12V iPad charger. Connector fits in the slot without any problem. No previous problems.
I live in Spain and purchased iPad 64 wifi/3g from Pixmania Internet Store.
What to do, please help.

If multiple cables are failing to charge or connect to itunes I suspect the iPad port has a damaged or broken pin which will require a service technician to replace.

OP
P

Peter_Izn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Service Technician very difficult, I live in the mountains of Andalucia, Spain.
This means I have to send it somewhere.
Where do I send it?
I am highly reliant on it, how long will it take?
It should not have failed after such a short time. Tried rebooting.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Peter_Izn said:
Service Technician very difficult, I live in the mountains of Andalucia, Spain.
This means I have to send it somewhere.
Where do I send it?
I am highly reliant on it, how long will it take?
It should not have failed after such a short time. Tried rebooting.

If you have a strong magnifying glass and light physically inspect the port on the iPad to see if you can see a broken pin. A bent pin would prohibit insertion of the adapter. The port pins are delicate and if at any time the cable was inserted or removed in a forced manner damage could occur. Also the port is exposed when not in use so a foreign object, albeit small, could get lodged inside the port. If as you describe you can easily insert any number of charge cables and you feel it snap into place and they do not work then I suspect a pin is missing rather than bent. If the port failed for reasons unrelated to physical damage I think you may find Apple in a generous mood considering your location and they may send you a refurb if you send the iPad to them directly for service. If you send the unit out try to get a full backup to the icloud performed if your battery has any life left in it. This way if you get a refurb you can use the iCloud to restore content and user data to a refurbished device.

Your geographical location I am assuming is not close to a major metropolitan area where Apple, or any of their authorized service partners may have a presence. I would suggest contacting Apple support by phone or email to communicate your problem and location. Apple will then provide you with options as related to obtaining hardware servicing for your iPad.

I have empathy for you, especially considering your remote location. Best of luck to you and please let us know how things work out.

Most reactions