What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB stuck in recovery mode

blade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes detects ipad 2 in recovery mode but doesn't recognize its capacity, software version and serial number. I tried different USB ports, win7 and win xp OS and it makes no difference. I also tried to restore firmware with itunes in DFU mode but I always get error 9.

Tried to kick it out of recovery mode with tinyumbrella - doesn't work, tried to save shsh blobs - doesn't work.

Acquired ECID number using USB device viewer and created custom device in tinyumbrella - nothing changed.

I just want to know if there's something which I haven't tried yet to fix it because I won't take it to apple service center - I'm making effort to fix it at home.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And when you are in dfu mode, iTunes doesn't display capacity or anything. That's not a problem.

OP
B

blade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download the correct file from our sticky here just to be sure and shift-restore in iTunes choosing the downloaded file...
Also make sure your device is in DFU mode
Is WiFi Only firmware compatible? Because my device is iPad 2 WiFi + 3G.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
blade said:
Is WiFi Only firmware compatible? Because my device is iPad 2 WiFi + 3G.

Of course not. That's why there are separate links for the 3G version!

OP
B

blade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tried to restore with 3G GSM 4.3.5 in DFU mode . iTunes get to the point where it's waiting for iPad (after verifying ipad restore with apple) but progress bar on iPad screen stays always empty then after a while I get error 9. Also tried to restore with lower versions than 4.3.5 but instantly get error 3194.

Last edited:
OP
B

blade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It makes no difference if I hit restore or manually select downloaded firmware, it's always the same - iTunes: Waiting for iPad... and after about 1 minute of waiting - error 9, then iPad reboots itself into recovery mode.

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ive got a ipad 2 wifi + 3g in 4.3.5 FW but it is stuck in recovery mode.. i already made some adjustment in hosts files even using tiny umbrella and using different computers (win 7, macbook pro, macbook white and mac mini.. still the error is 1013.. any suggestions?

yeheey18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yup i dont have the 4.3.3 shsh blob, im trying to restore my ipad 2 wifi +3g 4.3.5 to 4.3.5.. just plain restoration.. but i always encounter error 1013.. can you recommend any solution/fix to this sir?

VaibhavRohan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i had the same problem and this is what i did
1) Open TU, switch to the "Advanced" tab and make sure you UNTICK "Set hosts to Cydia on exit", then exit from TU.
2) Put your iPad into DFU mode by following this guide - DFU Mode for Dummies
3) Start iTunes and click the "Restore" button.

Your iPad should now restore to 4.3.5 without any error messages. Steps 1 and 2 are important, so make sure you do them.

Hope that helps.
Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts