What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 vs. iPad 3

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, while it may be wise to wait for the iPad 3 at this point, I can't. I gotta have it. So no, considering I'm buying my iPad 2 in a couple of days, no way I am selling it for the 3. I'll get the latest iPad whenever my 2 stops working.

OP
N

nancehall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately, while it may be wise to wait for the iPad 3 at this point, I can't. I gotta have it. So no, considering I'm buying my iPad 2 in a couple of days, no way I am selling it for the 3. I'll get the latest iPad whenever my 2 stops working.

Very well said! :D
That's the wises thing that you can do! It's not worth it to sell your new buy iPad 2 for iPad 3.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the wises thing that you can do! It's not worth it to sell your new buy iPad 2 for iPad 3.
I mean, granted - the iPad 3 is going to be better. But a) I don't have ANY tablet now, so the iPad 2 is better than what I have now :D and b) unless you're incredibly wealthy or a really good salesman, there is no possible way to keep up with ALL of the latest gadgets, as fast as they're released!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
for me personally i want a bit of kit that perfectly suits my needs. im not into updating and upgrading each year just because the option is there. life gets expensive doing that.
the ipad2 really is my perfect companion. the only gripes i have are ios based, not hardware based.

a new upgraded, faster, sleeker, 'does-more', ipad would obviously be nice each year though.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had mine for two weeks. I will be using it until it dies. I have no idea how long that will be, but I'll even keep getting the battery replaced. That's cos I'm a single mum and this is the biggest purchase I have ever made for myself so it needs to last as long as possible. I never thought it would replace my old laptop, but it really has.

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 3

I've had mine for two weeks. I will be using it until it dies. I have no idea how long that will be, but I'll even keep getting the battery replaced. That's cos I'm a single mum and this is the biggest purchase I have ever made for myself so it needs to last as long as possible. I never thought it would replace my old laptop, but it really has.

My 20th yr anniversary is next year. I plan on purchasing an iPad for my husband as one of his gifts. It is in June. So depending on the price of the iPad 3 I may get him that one.

OP
N

nancehall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mean, granted - the iPad 3 is going to be better. But a) I don't have ANY tablet now, so the iPad 2 is better than what I have now :D and b) unless you're incredibly wealthy or a really good salesman, there is no possible way to keep up with ALL of the latest gadgets, as fast as they're released!

You're definitely correct! In fact upgrading or availing new gadgets is just for the ego of some person. They're doing this just to be on trend. :D

OP
N

nancehall

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Me either! I will do the same. I just bought my iPad2 last month, it's still okay so I'm gonna dealing with this until it dies. :)

OP
N

nancehall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for me personally i want a bit of kit that perfectly suits my needs. im not into updating and upgrading each year just because the option is there. life gets expensive doing that.
the ipad2 really is my perfect companion. the only gripes i have are ios based, not hardware based.

a new upgraded, faster, sleeker, 'does-more', ipad would obviously be nice each year though.

Aha! Good decision! It not really necessary to follow the trend. As long as it is still working then its probably enough. ;)

r12rtpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ridesroadsandeats.com
If the release of iPad 3 will pursue are you willing to give up and sell your iPad 2 just to buy the iPad 3 ? :rolleyes:

I don't understand the compulsion to own the absolute latest...it's like a dog chasing its own tail...in technology, you will never catch up! :) Fun to try though, isn't it??:D

I didn't buy an iPad until the 2 came out...it took me a year to settle in my mind that plunking $600 on a toy that I didn't really need would be smart.

That being said, I love my iPad and use it frequently, but I cannot see giving it up anytime soon. I'm sure the iPad3 will have a few bells and whistles, the 2 doesn't possess, but I am very happy with my 2, and will use it for a few years, I'm sure!

Have fun,

Steve

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
if it has retina display like my iPhone or has quad core processor then I may consider it!

Most reactions

Latest posts