What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 vid converter

goldenroshan

iPF Noob
Joined
Jan 30, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
hi everyone! I am new to IOS and I have just learned that .avi format of movies is not a compatible format. Make the story short
I used yuotube downloader to convert the .avi files to compatible formats such as mp4 and .mov. Unfortunately, the conversion
fails because the audio is lagging. Can somebody suggest a good movie converter? Thanks!!!
 

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Joined
Jul 21, 2011
Messages
220
Reaction score
20
Location
Sc
Handbrake seems to be popular around here.
 

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 13, 2011
Messages
555
Reaction score
18
Location
Seattle
Handbrake is good and it's free, another alternative is AvPlayerHD. This app will play pretty much any format so you wont have to deal with converting all the time. Once the app is installed, connect your iPad to your computer, fire up iTunes, click on your iPad in the left pane, select the apps tab in the center pane you should have two apps windows open, in the bottom one scroll down to AVPlayerHD, click on it and then simply drag and drop your video file into the window. I believe you can also transfer the files via wifi but not positive. I used to conver all my files but got tired of it, this app is well worthe the few dollars. There are other apps available but this is the one I like the best.
 
OP
goldenroshan

goldenroshan

iPF Noob
Joined
Jan 30, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Guys, I have tried to search Handbrake in the app store but I cant fin it..
 

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
955
Reaction score
15
goldenroshan said:
Guys, I have tried to search Handbrake in the app store but I cant fin it..

Its not an app, it's for windows (and maybe mac) the best thing is its free!
 
OP
goldenroshan

goldenroshan

iPF Noob
Joined
Jan 30, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Wookiee2cu said:
Handbrake is good and it's free, another alternative is AvPlayerHD. This app will play pretty much any format so you wont have to deal with converting all the time. Once the app is installed, connect your iPad to your computer, fire up iTunes, click on your iPad in the left pane, select the apps tab in the center pane you should have two apps windows open, in the bottom one scroll down to AVPlayerHD, click on it and then simply drag and drop your video file into the window. I believe you can also transfer the files via wifi but not positive. I used to conver all my files but got tired of it, this app is well worthe the few dollars. There are other apps available but this is the one I like the best.

So what really is it ? just askin ^^
 
OP
goldenroshan

goldenroshan

iPF Noob
Joined
Jan 30, 2012
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
addiosamigo said:
Its not an app, it's for windows (and maybe mac) the best thing is its free!

So i should search it in google not in apps store?
 

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Joined
Mar 11, 2011
Messages
17,091
Reaction score
747
Location
Cranbrook, Kent, UK
goldenroshan said:
So i should search it in google not in apps store?

Yes, on your PC/Mac, you can't download it to your iPad. You use it on your PC/Mac to convert videos to suit the iPad then you can sync them to your iPad from your PC/Mac.

The Archangel
 

Viva_Terlingua

iPF Noob
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Del Rio, TX
I've used Handbrake for a while with mixed results. The good news is that it's free. However I've had trouble converting about half my DVDs, maybe it's copy protection. And sometimes the ones that do appear to convert properly, the audio is out of sync with the video. I decided to go ahead an pay money for a converter and purchased the Daniusoft converter for $20. I couldn't be happier. It converts all my DVDs without a hitch, is easier to use and faster than Handbrake. I guess you get what you pay for.

I like Oplayer on the iPad for playing them back. I can transfer the videos via wifi from the computer to the iPad and not have to use iTunes.
 

Most reactions

Latest posts

Top