What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 smart cover made a scratch

ian0508

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, my smart cover made a scratch on where the magnets meet or whereit snaps, it looks like a debris was stuck between the smart cover and the ipad.. Too bad :mad: although its very small scratch.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, my smart cover made a scratch on where the magnets meet or whereit snaps, it looks like a debris was stuck between the smart cover and the ipad.. Too bad :mad: although its very small scratch.

A number of members have reported this problem. For sure, the Apple Store will replace the Smart Cover and they may well replace your iPad too if you feel you want them to.

Tim

OP
I

ian0508

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I duuno i think its "powder" i'm not familiar w/ that.. Because when i look closely at my smart cover there are tiny holes where the magnets are that looks like something came through or cameo out.

Really they'll replace my cover and ipad as well?

OP
I

ian0508

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it a scratch, or perhaps some graphite powder? Mine does the same, as in after a few days use, it looks, as if there is a scratch, but then it's powder coming from the hinge, which can be washed of easily.

Ok i'm sure now its a scratch, tried cleaning it with a cloth and also tried it with a cloth with water didnt work, and when you touch it it feels rough.

Most reactions