What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 Sleeve

RRnTexas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for a sleeve case for Ipad 2. Ideally, the sleeve would provide some protection - like maybe some plastic embedded within the sleeve to protect the screen. I would just use the sleeve to protect Ipad while in briefcase while traveling as I prefer to use Ipad my Ipad naked.

So, any suggestions for a sleeve that meets above above specs or a site where I might browse for same?

Thanks in advance,

RR

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
RRnTexas said:
I am looking for a sleeve case for Ipad 2. Ideally, the sleeve would provide some protection - like maybe some plastic embedded within the sleeve to protect the screen. I would just use the sleeve to protect Ipad while in briefcase while traveling as I prefer to use Ipad my Ipad naked.

So, any suggestions for a sleeve that meets above above specs or a site where I might browse for same?

Thanks in advance,

RR

I have a padded mini laptop sleeve for my dell mini laptop, fits the ipad perfectly, might be worth looking into something like that

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks in advance,

RR

Check out the options at Need a case or bag for your laptop, tablet, mobile device, or gadget? We've got you covered - WaterField Design - Made in USA . Their products are relatively expensive, but if you ever deal with them and own any of their products, you'll know why.

I think you might be interested in the "smart case" or the "slip case."

airhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second SFBags; a little pricey but not outrageous; good quality; got the slip case (I think that's what it's called; the slimmest possible case; fits perfectly; snug but easy to remove; thin, light and the material won't scratch your precious. I don't use a screen protector or back protector; naked, as u say.

* late edit: they go out of their way to let u know that their products are made in San Francisco; nothing personal against the Chinese but I prefer to buy products made in the US; in particular, I want my money to support this particular company; their products are quality stuff and their customer service is excellent. Just my two cents...

Last edited:

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a handmade neoprene-padded iPad sleeve from Kimoleybags on etsy.com -- the customization was to allow the sleeve to accomodate the iPad inside its leather folio (slightly bigger dimensions).

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I second SFBags; a little pricey but not outrageous; good quality; got the slip case (I think that's what it's called; the slimmest possible case; fits perfectly; snug but easy to remove; thin, light and the material won't scratch your precious. I don't use a screen protector or back protector; naked, as u say.

* late edit: they go out of their way to let u know that their products are made in San Francisco; nothing personal against the Chinese but I prefer to buy products made in the US; in particular, I want my money to support this particular company; their products are quality stuff and their customer service is excellent. Just my two cents...

I've owned several of their bags over the years. In fact, I've had one of their Cargo bags for five years and about half a million miles of travel. Nothing, and I mean nothing, has ever gone wrong with it. It still looks as good as the day I bought it.

And as a former resident of the Bay Area I know how difficult it is for low and middle income folks to live in San Francisco. The fact that Waterfield Designs consciously tries to support their neighbors with a living wage in a very expensive city makes a difference to me, too.

P.S. I have a suspicion I'll be receiving one of their iPad Travel Express bags for Father's Day...Assuming, of course, that the hints I've been sharing with the family have worked.

lucyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPAD 2 Sleeve is very cheap and very easy to find, I got one with $11.99

airhead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
father's day is getting closer; keep dropping those hints everywhere! ha!

P.S. I have a suspicion I'll be receiving one of their iPad Travel Express bags for Father's Day...Assuming, of course, that the hints I've been sharing with the family have worked.

david rodriguez

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have this sleeve.

Attachments

• image-3195049532.png
    image-3195049532.png
    384.2 KB · Views: 236
  • image-1323278810.png
    image-1323278810.png
    399.5 KB · Views: 240
  • image-2426594105.png
    image-2426594105.png
    300.1 KB · Views: 238
  • image-1142472847.png
    image-1142472847.png
    375.3 KB · Views: 238

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:
And as a former resident of the Bay Area I know how difficult it is for low and middle income folks to live in San Francisco. The fact that Waterfield Designs consciously tries to support their neighbors with a living wage in a very expensive city makes a difference to me, too.

But it is also worth remembering that iPads, as an example, are manufactured in China (albeit to a high level of quality), and shipped worldwide via Hong Kong SAR. But with so much economies of scale for companies to outsource manufacturing, it's simply good business sense and it brings costs down for consumers. If Apple had manufactured their products in the US and had to charge double or triple their asking price, how many people would be able to afford?

Timbuk2, for example, allow customers to design their own bags, which are handmade-to-order in San Francisco and cost full price. You'd expect to pay, for example, $130-150 or more for a customized, SF-made messenger bag -- Timbuk2 Custom Bags. But their regular mass-market designs are made offshore by a South-east Asian country, and the same item costs half as much e.g. on Amazon -- Amazon: Timbuk2 Messenger Bag

Last edited:

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jsh1120 said:

But it is also worth remembering that iPads, as an example, are manufactured in China (albeit to a high level of quality), and shipped worldwide via Hong Kong SAR. But with so much economies of scale for companies to outsource manufacturing, it's simply good business sense and it brings costs down for consumers. If Apple had manufactured their products in the US and had to charge double or triple their asking price, how many people would be able to afford?

I agree in principle. I'm a free trader at heart and didn't mean for my comment to come across as a xenophobic protectionist. As far as I'm concerned American companies don't get a free pass in terms of adequate wages and humane working conditions just because they're "American."

By the same token, however, as a consumer I don't like to think I'm saving money because my low cost bag or my computer is manufactured at the expense of those who produce it and lax environmental laws. It's often difficult to determine whether that is true, but when I do know that a product's cost reflects adherence to high labor standards and environmental regulations, I try to support the producer.

Most reactions

Latest posts