What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Shipping by the end of February 2011?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

DigiTimes is still going strong with the iPad 2 stories, and today it’s reporting that Foxconn Electronics’ plants in Shenzhen, China have recently been told that they will be shipping the iPad 2 within the next 100 days, with the first shipments numbering 400,000 to 600,000 units. According to Foxconn’s sources, the iPad 2 will be shipping by the end of February 2011. Mass production was actually supposed to start in January, but as the firmware is still being tested, it has been postponed until February. DigiTimes also says that because Foxconn’s new Chengdu plants are still only in pilot production, the Shenzhen plants will be responsible for the majority of the iPad 2 production. As ever, Foxconn has declined to make any comment whatsoever on the matter!

These rumours certainly are very strong at the moment. Could we really be seeing the iPad 2 on sale by the end of February 2011?

Source: DigiTimes
Foxconn to ship iPad 2 by the end of February 2011

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I want!
Other than a facetime camera and a bump in speed, I'm only hoping for a bit faster page loading in Safari.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, I'll play the devil's advocate here, and assume a lot of people (maybe most) will give serious thought to upgrading to a faster, lighter, better model that has new and improved features. It's easy enough to upgrade with a PC, so why not with an iPad?

Maybe, but maybe not... Will you be able to transfer all your apps & other items from one iPad to another? Will the iTunes program let you do that, or will you have to start over and buy all the apps again? What about all your Kindle books?

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ooooh faster, more memory, slimmer, early next year.............oh please oh please

Actually reads more like a new years resolution......

Definitely buying.

@DM51 backwards compatibility is a must. Apple wouldn't be so stupid to piss of ten million users and developers. I hope iTunes will get a major overhaul at the same time.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me to buy another iPad, it's going to have to be a complete makeover, not just a little faster, slimmer, and lighter.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
... Will you be able to transfer all your apps & other items from one iPad to another? Will the iTunes program let you do that, or will you have to start over and buy all the apps again? What about all your Kindle books?

Dont worry about that, that is one thing (maybe the only thing?) that iTunes does really well. Once you buy an app, it is yours for your devices - up to 5 if I remember correctly. Just sync and backup before you plug in the new iToy and it just works.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Now if they would only put cameras in each corner of the screen they could use gesture recognition, and we wouldn't need to touch them. Just wave .......

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about all your Kindle books?
Your Kindle library is actually tied to your Amazon account. When you log into the Kindle app on your new iPad with your current username & password, this will register the device and you will have access to your whole Kindle library.

Bob Coxner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The story is saying Foxconn would start shipping in February. That means shipping from China into the inventory pipeline, not that they would be available to buy in February. Apple will want to build up a sizable inventory before beginning sales and the stories today are only talking less than 600,000 in February. That's not an inventory. April still seems the most logical date.

Sam707

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you kidding me, i just got my Ipad and now they're releasing IPad 2..WTF!!!

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's how the world of electronics works. Especially if you buy new hot items. Most of the stuff we buy is already obsolete, or will be very soon.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will not be on sale until April based on todays rumors.

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm, yeah, I also read the news that "Rumor: Apple To Release ‘Mini’ iPad in Early 2011", but I think as Bob said, the story it's saying Foxconn would start shipping in February, so we'll get the real iPad 2 till April at least!
Are you kidding me, i just got my Ipad and now they're releasing IPad 2..WTF!!!
- so, Sam, you now can enjoy your iPad on the go, and don't regret, of course the iPad won't let you down~ ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts