What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 Release

Gunny008

iPF Novice
Reaction score
April in the US I believe

Uk and countries after, I read somewhere that July is the release date for the rest of the world. However, I doubt apple would wait 3 months to released it everywhere else, not with other companies finally making some decent tablets to compete.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nobody knows for sure right now.

Has Apple even officially acknowledged that the iPad 2 is coming?

Until they do, no one can even really make a reasonable guess at a release date.

jacson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When is the ipad 2 release date? and what's the price for it? and if anyone knows how much was the 16gb first ipad (wi-fi) when it was released?have the prices dropped? i want to get an ipad but im thinking of waiting for the 2nd one to come out as it has a camera which i really want, but i dont wanna spend more than £450

wardjc58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
April is a good bet according to some sources - is seems that it may already be in production. however, it is getting down to the wire and no announcement from Apple, whichnisna little unusual. it may be theybare keeping everything close to the vest to avoid competitors getting a start on competing functionality. hard to say.

thekarens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jaws3288 said:
I think I'd get a chuckle if Apple doesn't announce the iPad 2 for some time if at all. All this talk and there's not much concrete proof.

If you know anything about Apple there's no question there will be an iPad 2. They refresh everything every year. As to when exactly that's the mystery.

penelopeklimas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is actively developing new accessories that will communicate with the near-field radio chips reportedly built into new iPads and iPhones. ... It’s possible that the company will use a new material similar to carbon fiber rather than aluminum for upcoming iPads...

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you bunch rumors of the iPad 2 release for end of april and iPad 3 for September with the rest of the iPod family I'll venture out to say iPad 2 release will only be in September. And if I may be allowed to dream a little MacTablet will be out in may! LOL!

It's become clear that iPad is NOT a tablet and will remain an iPod. Now that a tablet market has been established as a certainty by the release of the iPad and the efforts of competition I'm pretty sure that Apple will join in with something more substantial to prove its worth. The iPad was not meant as a tablet but a bigger iPod; ie. a consumption device. At the same time it was used to test the market, to see if anyone would be interested in tablets...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most reports from the far east confirm they are already in production, but the release date is probably tied up with stocking considerations.
They won't want a repeat of last years initial shortages.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hasty said:
Most reports from the far east confirm they are already in production, but the release date is probably tied up with stocking considerations.
They won't want a repeat of last years initial shortages.

Ah! But who says it's iPad 2?

( please, please allow me some fantasy!)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Digitel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think we will just wait and see when will be the exact time for the release date. It maybe as soon as possible................:p Very exciting.

Most reactions

Latest posts