What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPAD 2 outdoors

Sjbecker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I am a new IPAD owner, and would like to use it outdoors, but find it very difficult to read and see in the sun. Checked Apple's accessories online, and did not see a screen cover for this issue. Any ideas out there?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum.

You can get anti glare screen protectors, there are threads on this, just search for protectors and it should come up.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
best ones I find are the mirror/silver ones, coz when switched off you can use the screen as a mirror :D

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wytey said:
best ones I find are the mirror/silver ones, coz when switched off you can use the screen as a mirror :D

didn't know you were vain Wytey!

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Hayles66 said:
didn't know you were vain Wytey!

I'm not :p. but it is quicker to have a quick check of hair from the screen than going to the bathroom when going out :)

you should get one for the iPhone, portable mirror :)

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wytey said:
I'm not :p. but it is quicker to have a quick check of hair from the screen than going to the bathroom when going out :)

you should get one for the iPhone, portable mirror :)

probably not, as long as everything in place, I don't care but each to his own!!!

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's a silly question. Have you turned the "brightness" all the way up?
You didn't specifically say glare was your problem (although it can be an issue).

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hey, I was about to say that too! I do that, you beat me this time!

OP
S

Sjbecker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have looked at the "protector" screens, but they do not say anything about anti-glare, or helping with being able to use outdoors. And yes, I have turned the brightness way up. Will check the posts tho, thx.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I am a new IPAD owner, and would like to use it outdoors, but find it very difficult to read and see in the sun. Checked Apple's accessories online, and did not see a screen cover for this issue. Any ideas out there?

I use a Brando matte anti-glare filter, and use my iPad outdoors about 50% of the time. Basically the two factors when you're outdoors are -- (1) under direct or semi-direct sunlight, the screen needs to be turned up to a high enough level of brightness to not appear "washed out" (as you've pointed out); and (2) without a matte filter, you will also get a lot of ambient glare and reflection that competes with the screen.

I generally like my screen brightness settings set low, about 20-30%, which works for me even in semi-shade outdoors, and the matte screen eliminates the reflections and glare.

Most reactions