What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 or new iphone

rd86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm desperate for an iPad 2 but I just can't be spending money on an iPad and the new iPhone (probs out in sept). I want an iPad because you can do so much more on it when compared to an iPhone. I have an iPhone 3GS currently. I could get the iPad 2 now its just I know when apple launch the new iPhone in September I may regret it.

What do you guys think? IPad 2 now or just leave it...... :s

It would mean having the 3GS for at least another year minimum!

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I would maybe wait a month or two and see what all these changes bring us. Maybe get the new phone then and consider the iPad 3 when it arrives?

OP
R

rd86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know that is probs the best option just means waiting till march next year. I hate the waiting game. Ha

dobbey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you wait for the new iPhone, you'll be wondering what the next ipad will be, and it will just go on

Sent from my Desire HD using iPad Forums

teedubbz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was in this same predicament when the ipad2 came out and went ahead with the purchase.. 3GS is still going strong and I can wait on my next phone purchase. iPhone5 or see what droids bring to the table by years end? Definitely do not regret my decision :)

The ipad2 is certainly a blast!

T

Rockbottom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It really depends on how you use your phone. I have both an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4 and I hardly use the iPhone other than for calling people. I get a lot more benefit from the iPad. But again it depends on your life style.

Sent from my iPad2 3G 32 gig / using iPF

teedubbz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rockbottom said:
It really depends on how you use your phone. I have both an iPad 2 and an iPhone 4 and I hardly use the iPhone other than for calling people. I get a lot more benefit from the iPad. But again it depends on your life style.

Excellent point! I pretty much use my phone for only calling/texting/navigation. My iPad is also pretty much with me at all times so that could be something to consider..

T

arbor53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rockbottom said:

+1. I have both and since I got the iPad 2 I only use iPhone 4 for phonecalls,

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
I just recently--early May-- got my Iphone 3GS and my Ipad2 the end of May. I use the phone for making calls, texting, GPS, and quick data info. Otherwise I use the Ipad2. I wouldn't bother getting the new phone, I'd grab the Ipad2 and begin to enjoy, now!!!!

OP
R

rd86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I'm having to pay for two very costly holidays this summer. My gf says we can afford to get the new iPhone or the current iPad. The other option however is get the new iPhone and get my family to put money towards new iPad as a Christmas/bday present. I know I sound like a 10 year old (I'm 24) but apple sure know how to make us all giddy and products that haven't even been announced yet! Ha thanks people!

ChrisP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd lean towards iPad as your phone is still working well for you, doing what you need, but the iPad would offer such a larger screen (even though pixel density isn't huge it's still quite nice) that it offers some very nice useability.

Keep in mind that no matter which item you purchase, there will be an update in the coming months....but if you wait.....you'd then suffer from an update a few months after that...and so on...and so on....the electronics update cycle never sleeps....

Last edited:

Most reactions