What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 not charging

Mcohen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I just purchased my iPad 2 a day ago. I hooked it up to my laptop and it will sync and do everything I need it to except charge! I hooked it up to a wall outlet and it charges just fine. Please let me know why I am having an issue getting it to charge hooked up to my laptop. That is how I was planning on doing most of my charging. Any help would be appreciated.

THanks

Mike

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most computers will not have enough power to charge the iPad. Wall charger is usually the best way.

OP
M

Mcohen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most computers will not have enough power to charge the iPad. Wall charger is usually the best way.

Well, but thanks for the answer...and a very quick one too.

Must be because you are in KS also

Thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Mike - welcome to the forum - :)

The wall charger that comes w/ the iPad2 provides a 10W electrical power supply which is not possible w/ a standard USB port (although this will provide a slower 'trickle' type charge and take much longer).

This has been an oft discussed issue and plenty of threads and posts exist on the topic if you care to do some searching - good luck!

biller007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think that Asus is using a cable. I think it's just software that tells their motherboards to send more power to the USB ports. I have read about a lot of sync issues after it's installed.

daffie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think that Asus is using a cable. I think it's just software that tells their motherboards to send more power to the USB ports. I have read about a lot of sync issues after it's installed.

No sync issues whatsoever here. The Asus AI charger software works a charm with my iPad2...it charges via usb port on my laptop.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi,
i have the same charging issue came across this thread after searching, i see the recommend for Asus AI charger software and wonder if any relation to ASUS computers as i have an ASUS X58L laptop

Edit:
just downloaded loaded it and works fine

really great bit of info, as wife just bought an ebook that had same charging issue

Last edited:

user1543

iPF Noob
Reaction score
google the word ichargeandsync and you will see a great fix for PC to ipad charge and sync issues​

user1543

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, one of the problems with ai charger is that it is really slow to charge my iPad. IchargeAndSync charges it at full spped by introducing house power into the equation while you sync. Really cool stuff. See www.ichargeandsync.com for more info and to get yours.

user1543

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, I also meant to mention tht ai charger caused my iTunes to go unstable on my Windows 7 super powerful PC. IchahargeAndSync cleared up that problem.

daffie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, tell us...you have no affiliation with the company that *sells* this charger, right?

Btw AIcharger works just fine on my Win7 machine.

Most reactions