What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 keyboard problems

trekkiemaiden

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ello all, i'm a newbie here, and have had myipadnsince February. However the more i use it the more annying it's becoming . im quite a fast tupist and was trained as a touch tupist but my keyboard is aWful. Look at thenhorrible typos it's causing. The space bar clicks but doesnt leave spaces, or worse it leaves a n or an m between words and the word you is terrible. It always types y i o, somoften now that the auto correct dictionary hasnlearnt it and suggests and replaces it when I do manage to type it correctly. The letter o seems particularly insensitive.

sorry, I haven't corrected the above paragraph deliberately as a demonstration of what is going on. I'm guessing that some of the problems are caused because i'm typing so fast but really this should be able to deal with this, am I the only one suffering this?.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am not such a fast typist but I am quite comfortable with the keyboard. In fact, only because I love anything I can get to supplement my iPad, I got another keyboard the other day. THAT is the one that is giving me problems! Maybe you should think of getting one though. I am sure others will post here to recommend the best. Mine is iLuv and I like the look and feel of it but my typing on it is awful!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While I've heard a few people claim they touch type on the touch keyboard, I suspect it's a rare talent. I do touch type on my computer (though my speed and accuracy are nothing to be proud of). I don't even try on the the iPad. I just revert to two-to-three finger hunt and peck. Or, on the rare occasion when I'm two handing the iPad in portrait view, I'll split the keyboard and thumb type.

As Michali suggests, you may want to consider a keyboard case for those times you want to do a lot of typing. I don't do this, but I have paired one of my older bluetooth keyboards with the iPad, just in case I have the urge.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You may find one of these useful.

image-632430604.jpg

$69 (I think) from the Apple Store.

Most reactions

Latest posts