What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2, I'll just wait for #3

Techdad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Having owned the Original ipad(now old) since week one, and already with my share of cases, stands that won't fit the #2, I find it hard for me to justify the purchase. I'm still amazed with the one that I already own and having just upgraded to iphone4 the camera deal on the ipad 2 is not a deal breaker IMOP.

If it had a SD slot and an usb port, that might have me thinking seriously about ipad2 , but being thinner and faster and even lighter are features that won't deter my enjoyment of the "Original version". I'll just start saving up some money for #3, because if Apple stays true to form ipad 3 won't be anything like ipad 1 or ipad 2 (remember the ipod Nano & Touch ?) and soon to be iphone.

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the Apple store there is a SD card reader. I'd honestly much rather have that than a built in one.

Kingsmuse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally the new iPad is a fairly large disappointment.

There`s no motivation to buy one considering it has no real improvement over the first one.

I won`t wait for iPad3 though I`ll get the Xoom.

:)

Thphilli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In the Apple store there is a SD card reader. I'd honestly much rather have that than a built in one.

That makes absolutely no sense. You would rather have to carry an accessory with you than have it just built into the tablet?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally the new iPad is a fairly large disappointment.

There`s no motivation to buy one considering it has no real improvement over the first one.

I won`t wait for iPad3 though I`ll get the Xoom.

:)

currently i agree with you , but i will not get the xoom, the current one is perfect ... i will wait to see if the 2 is really more faster

ajneuman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IpadOne said:
currently i agree with you , but i will not get the xoom, the current one is perfect ... i will wait to see if the 2 is really more faster

I played with the Xoom the other day... It's not that good. The os is buggy and slow. The hardware is heavy and the screen glare is worse than the iPad.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Xoom failed, no software or apps hardly for tablet form. Compare 100 honeycomb apps to apple ipads 65,000+. No comparison. Software makes or breaks devices n apple has apos downpacked!

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Xoom failed, no software or apps hardly for tablet form. Compare 100 honeycomb apps to apple ipads 65,000+. No comparison. Software makes or breaks devices n apple has apos downpacked!

About this it's clear Apple is milestones in front of all ... but let say the iPad2 is not so big improvement we can wait from them the weak point (in my eyes)
No Retina
No larger memory capacity (ex: 128Go)
No storage possible
No USB port for 3 party accessoiries

The 2 one is faster Ok, ok but for the way we use , i don't think we need that , lighter ok but ... i am satisfied with the current one

Anyway let see when we get it in hand how it will work, but is sure i will not rush for it

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

About this it's clear Apple is milestones in front of all ... but let say the iPad2 is not so big improvement we can wait from them the weak point (in my eyes)
No Retina
No larger memory capacity (ex: 128Go)
No storage possible
No USB port for 3 party accessoiries

The 2 one is faster Ok, ok but for the way we use , i don't think we need that , lighter ok but ... i am satisfied with the current one

Anyway let see when we get it in hand how it will work, but is sure i will not rush for it

Good points, no rush but its still the best on the market or coming to the market regardless odf missing those things. I still luv my original ipad so i do see where u comin from. N remember even on ipad1, theres a work around for most things not abke to be done stock.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad-2 is just a marketing hype. Shame on Apple to make such a fuzz , for nothing.
If iPAD-1 will cost $150 less then iPAD-2 . Go for the iPAD-1

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I disagree the improvements are better than expected but at the end of the day no one said you have to upgrade. I. Will pass my iPad on to my partner as wants her own computer and it is perfect for her needs.

Last edited:

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poor folk won't buy a 2nd iPad.

Any who, I have a valid reason to buy the iPad 2. My iPad is going to be full blown work tool, and iPad 2 is my personal.

Or I may give my iPad to my dad.. Dunno quite yet. Either way I'm getting the new one. I can really use the cameras..

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peled said:
iPad-2 is just a marketing hype. Shame on Apple to make such a fuzz , for nothing.

On the contrary, Apple dominate their competitors not just on products, but also at creating brand equity and audience mindshare. Just look at the mad crazy sales of the Verizon iPhone even though it's an 'old' product. Brand equity also reinforces customer loyalty because people who own their products want to be associated with the brand, e.g. people who already own one Apple product are more likely to purchase a second or more products.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am wondering how long a new iPad 1 will be available.

Most reactions

Latest posts