What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 hardware failure after warranty

chashu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 2 decided to fail on me this morning. The wi-fi got grayed out. Obviously, quite a few people have experienced this problem. some got lucky and got it fixed by following the instructions provided on the apple online forum. I had no luck. I called the customer care and was confirmed that the hardware failed. I bought my iPad a month after it came out, so it is about 1 year and 4 months old, which means out of warranty. They said that the only option I have is to pay $320 to replace to the very same model (iPad 2 32gb), but I feel so stupid doing so after spending $600 +tax to purchase the device that breaks in such a short period of time. Does anybody have suggestions? I saw some people getting a free replacement after the warranty.

I am so bummed after having my first MacBook Pro broken 3 months after the warranty and now having my iPad broken 4 months after the warranty.

any help would be appreciated.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to our forums. I feel for you however the fail rate of Apple products and in particular the iPads is small compared to pc laptops. It is unfortunate you never took out extended warranty. Frankly you have no choice unless it can be bought back to life with resets as the only option is Apple to replace it with a refurb unit. The replacement cost is small and is the best option.

The same goes for MacBook Pro.s very unusual to have issues. I personally have delivered hundreds of MacBook Pros to customers over the past 15 years or more and during that time I can only think of 4 units that failed in both cases it was hard drives. Warranty is there for a reason to protect your investment in that first year and in saying that I suggest you consider taking AppleCare out for the MacBook pro just to give you peace of mind.

Most reactions

Latest posts