What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 exchange at apple store?

anonchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you exchange a defective iPad 2 at an apple store if you bought it from somewhere else?

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you read the documentation that came with your iPad? I guess not :p . Go read it an you tell me what the manufacture warrante is.

Non-snark, Yes Apple would be the point of contact. Take back to them. Bring your receipt and proof of purchase.

Last edited:

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe you need the any of that. If it defective set up a guineas bar appointment, and if the findthat it's something that's the iPads fault they will exchange, they have iPads there waiting for that specific reason, now does not have to be the place you purchased, any apple store will do.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you exchange a defective iPad 2 at an apple store if you bought it from somewhere else?

What is the defect? Also I wasn't sure which country you lived in. You'll probably know that Apple warranty conditions vary from country to country as a result of the laws in place in that country or region. This is something that Apple cannot control so, as was suggested, you may need to read the warranty conditions that are specific to where you live.

Having said that, though, Apple have a reputation for excellent customer service; they recognise that having a good relationship with their customers is the key to good business. If you're happy with the way you were treated you not only come back as a customer again but likely tell others of your experience, which may well encourage them to become Apple customers.

Tim
Scotland

OP
A

anonchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in the US so I think I should be able to just go to any apple store. The "defect" is the apparently quite common light bleeding issue. It just doesn't seem like something I shouldn't put up with considering the iPad's price

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in the US so I think I should be able to just go to any apple store. The "defect" is the apparently quite common light bleeding issue. It just doesn't seem like something I shouldn't put up with considering the iPad's price

There's absolutely no problem about exchanging your iPad if it has light bleeding problems. Apple have, for that, an 'ask no questions' policy. See Maura's post in the News section of the Forum.

You might, however, want to call ahead and get a 'ticket' and check that they'll have a replacement in stock for you. Given the current shortage of iPads you might have a wasted trip to the store otherwise.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts