What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Camera - not as terrible as I thought.

zealofsoul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I had my iPad 2 for more than a half a year, and to be honest, one of the reasons why I bought the iPad 2 was because of it's video recording capability and iMovie.

But as all know, iPad 2 Camera is pretty terrible under low light condition.

I figured, okay, how well does it perform under a large amount of light? So I took it outside. The result? Hmm, pretty decent. See for yourselves.

[video=vimeo;31634478]http://vimeo.com/31634478[/video]

(for those who cannot see the embedded video.... August Summer in Venice Beach on Vimeo)

Last edited:

Jembie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey that's a great video! I really enjoyed watching it. Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my iPad in Derby, England

lzed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Nicely done.

It's a Vimeo video link, Tim.

X2 thought it came out really good, lot better then expected. May have to try some around here and see how it deals with snow....

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that, great video. Brought back memories for me, we were there 6 years ago, the skate board park wasn't there at the time, although they were doing some major works, maybe that's what it was. I'll have to try mine, thank you for sharing!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

niitramdub

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really think you did a great job on the video, I was wondering if I was the only person that thought that way. Everything that I have taken outside or in good light has come out great. Also if you want to use iMovie for editing, taking the video with the iPad works much better than trying to convert some other video format to get iMovie to work.

I do like the video... Thanks!

OP
Z

zealofsoul

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey that's a great video! I really enjoyed watching it. Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my iPad in Derby, England

Thank you! glad you liked it.

X2 thought it came out really good, lot better then expected. May have to try some around here and see how it deals with snow....
Yeah, give it some time and try shooting outdoors. Camera is great, but you might be pulling some of your hair out while editing...

Nothing wrong with that, great video. Brought back memories for me, we were there 6 years ago, the skate board park wasn't there at the time, although they were doing some major works, maybe that's what it was. I'll have to try mine, thank you for sharing!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF
You're welcome. Venice Beach is regardless still ghetto and dirty, but it's got style.

Really think you did a great job on the video, I was wondering if I was the only person that thought that way. Everything that I have taken outside or in good light has come out great. Also if you want to use iMovie for editing, taking the video with the iPad works much better than trying to convert some other video format to get iMovie to work.

I do like the video... Thanks!
iMovie definitely isn't a top notch editing software, but it does its job. I don't think anyone would want to use iPad to edit using iMovie though. Thanks for watching!

great job on the vid! i think it came out nicely.
Thank you so much!

boyzie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I agree,also take a portrait pic of someon in good light and I think you will be surprised.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nicely done. I've also tinkered with the video a bit and it's actually very solid. The camera itself I have found doesn't take very good still photos though and is somewhat useless in this regard. The video camera part is good though. Im sure the iPad 3 will have a better camera. Probably get the same one as the iPhone 4.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zealofsoul said:
So I had my iPad 2 for more than a half a year, and to be honest, one of the reasons why I bought the iPad 2 was because of it's video recording capability and iMovie.

But as all know, iPad 2 Camera is pretty terrible under low light condition.

I figured, okay, how well does it perform under a large amount of light? So I took it outside. The result? Hmm, pretty decent. See for yourselves.

Video Link: http://vimeo.com/31634478

Mattmilw said:
I feel very dumb- where is the link for the the video?

saphire said:
I can't see the video link either.

I've copied it into this post.....it's actually the very last line of the first post.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts