What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 battery issue after jailbreak

eKindom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad 2 wifi only 32 gb. and it was working fine and was giving me about 10 hours of battery time. Since I have jailbreak it, the battery performance has degraded significantly. I have restored it back but nothing changed. Anyone have the same problem, and please give me some suggestions. thanks

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
should not impact battery life.

it may be just the fact that you started using it a lot more playing around with stuff.

Also you can try this, run the batter all the way down until the iPad shuts off on its own due to now enough battery power. Then charge it back up to full charge. This is a recommended thing to do once a month just to recalibrate the battery so that the iPad accurately knows how much battery it has left.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was there any changes in notifications? If you upgraded to/restored to 5.0.1, the notifications are all turned on, and if you're not using them, they'll still constantly fetch data to your device which can drain the battery. If the problem persists for 2-3 more charge cycles, do what MikesToolz said but keep it charged via an outlet for about 30 minutes AFTER it's fully charged. That should stimulate the battery to recal.

OP
E

eKindom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
should not impact battery life.

it may be just the fact that you started using it a lot more playing around with stuff.

Also you can try this, run the batter all the way down until the iPad shuts off on its own due to now enough battery power. Then charge it back up to full charge. This is a recommended thing to do once a month just to recalibrate the battery so that the iPad accurately knows how much battery it has left.
thanks for helping.:eek:

HowBoutThemPack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem initially. I think it was because I was spending so much time on my iPad, especially the Internet doing research and whatnot. Also, depending on the themes you have and new apps installed, you main experience some battery drain. In the first week that I had jailbroken my iPad, there was one day in particular that my battery ran to zero in about an hour. Fact is, jailbreak alone does not affect battery life.

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts