What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 & amazon instant movies

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was interested specifically if anyone has experience using their iPad2 to view movies from Amazon Instant viewing & sending it to their HD TV.

Did the picture fill the entire screen? Was it easy? How was the picture quality? Did you use Apple TV or HDMI directly from iPad2 to TV?

I am really interested in replacing Netflix with this. Any pros or cons from your experience?

Thanks all that reply.

singlestick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was interested specifically if anyone has experience using their iPad2 to view movies from Amazon Instant viewing & sending it to their HD TV.

Did the picture fill the entire screen? Was it easy? How was the picture quality? Did you use Apple TV or HDMI directly from iPad2 to TV?

I am really interested in replacing Netflix with this. Any pros or cons from your experience?

Thanks all that reply.

I think you may want to double check to see whether Flash is required to use Amazon's service, before you dump Netflix.

I thought this was an issue a while back when I looked at what Amazon was offering. If this is still the case, then I do not think that you would be able to use your iPad 2.

jduncan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agh! The flash issue again! One of iPads biggest weaknesses.

verwon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's correct, I'm looking at the system requirements now and under browser plug-ins: The most recent versions of JavaScript and Adobe Flash Player.

---
- Sent from my favorite gadget!

Parrori1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You could download the Playon app by which you can access amazon vod . There is a 10 day free trial for Playon and you can sign up for around $5 a month, I think.

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could download the Playon app by which you can access amazon vod . There is a 10 day free trial for Playon and you can sign up for around $5 a month, I think.

True, but I don't think PlayOn supports either HD or 5.1, basically negating using it for viewing on an HDTV system, IMO. I only use it for viewing content on my phone and/or iPad.

YMMV if you don't care (I use a PS3 which does 1080p/5.1 from some titles on Netflix, so won't give that up).

Raiderspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there's a way to watch NFL games live online with ipad2 using good player or anything

Most reactions

Latest posts