What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 2 32Gb Wifi Stucked on DFU

jacobson00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 2 32GB Wifi only that is stucked on Recovery Mode. I tried the 15 s hold of both HOme and power. After 15 s the apple icon shows up then goes straight to asking me to connect Itunes and Ipad.

The story: I did jailbreak it on 4.3.3., Tiny umbrella won't save ssh.
Now i just want it to work .
It is asking me to restore. If i restore with itunes would it go to the latest firmware (5.1.1)? Would i even be allowed to restore to the latest firmware with itunes, if already jailbreak. How do i clean the ipad from scratch . I don't mind going to the latest firmware

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If there is a setting called 'Reset to Factory Mode' or something like that, choose that setting. You still need to hook it up to iTunes, but resetting it to factory mode for some reason restores your iPad. If it doesn't for some reason, use your iCloud.

OP
J

jacobson00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you guys for your prompt responses. Will it allow me to restore to 5.1.1, like it says on the screen

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
jacobson00 said:
Thank you guys for your prompt responses. Will it allow me to restore to 5.1.1, like it says on the screen

As I said,if you follow the directions exactly,your iPad will be restored to the latest version of iOs,in this case iOS 5.1.1.

OP
J

jacobson00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you so much. You won't believe what happened. I went to another machine, plugged it in. open tiny umbrella, uncheck the request ssh from cydia, and all of the sudden i was out of DFU mode..ouf, ouf!!!
i want to restore to 4.3.3., i already downloaded the ipsw. i just want to get rid of the jailbreak. i don't want 5.1.1
can i do it with tinyumbrella?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
thank you so much. You won't believe what happened. I went to another machine, plugged it in. open tiny umbrella, uncheck the request ssh from cydia, and all of the sudden i was out of DFU mode..ouf, ouf!!!
i want to restore to 4.3.3., i already downloaded the ipsw. i just want to get rid of the jailbreak. i don't want 5.1.1
can i do it with tinyumbrella?

You can only restore to 4.3.3 on your wifi iPad2 IF you have saved SHSH Blobs for 4.3.3 in TinyUmbrella or Cydia. If you do, use this tutorial - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

OP
J

jacobson00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i looked at cydia it states i have shsh ios5.1.1

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i looked at cydia it states i have shsh ios5.1.1

Then that's all you can install, sorry. it's very important to save your SHSH blobs as you go. You can't get old ones after Apple stop providing them.

Most reactions