What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 1 is not charging, upon going to the apple store, they said my port is broken.

extraordinaire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My port, USB, Connector, whatever...is broken and because I am out of warrenty, I must buy a new one. One year and a half, $1,000.00, and it can't be fixed???? Seriously? So upon research it seems others have had this problem after upgrading. Their port is not being recognized by wall charger or itunes so it can not charge, although the tablet it self is working fine. but only 9% battery. AM I SCREWED? I did find a company that will change the port in Kansas. It sounds like my only option.....

cnl200

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Similar problem but not as serious. The on/off switch is not working and the Apple Store tells me the only thing I can do is purchase a replacement iPad for $349.00 since my iPad is out of warranty.

cnl200

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not an issue. Very nice young lady waited on me and I explained my problem she took my iPad went to the back after a few minutes came back and explained that it was out of warranty and the only thing they could do was sell me a replacement.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Seriously? So upon research it seems others have had this problem after upgrading. Their port is not being recognized by wall charger or itunes so it can not charge, although the tablet it self is working fine. but only 9% battery.

What do you mean "after upgrading?" I don't understand...do you mean after others had purchased a replacement it went bad again and/or the port was not recognizable?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not an issue. Very nice young lady waited on me and I explained my problem she took my iPad went to the back after a few minutes came back and explained that it was out of warranty and the only thing they could do was sell me a replacement.

Actually, I was talking to the OP ~ this is her thread. Sorry!

johmr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having a similar problem with mine but I have found a work around. Power down the iPad then power up again with the charger connected. It then charges. If I uplug the connector and then plug it back in it does not charge. Only after a complete power down with charger connected.

Most reactions

Latest posts