What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 1 and VGA Adapter

mocheesehead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello All,

I bought the VGA adapter thinking that it would be awesome for me to use it in my classroom but am coming to find out that there are only a small number of apps that actually support it. Does anybody have a list of what apps support the vga adapter. *Safari* doesn't and it looks like I am going to have to get the Apple powerpoint software (not sure of the name).

Don't get me wrong...I LOVE my ipad...it has amazing capabilities. If they could get this adapter thing working on/with more apps, it would be great!

Pat

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you jailbreak, you can mirror the whole iPad to the projector/TV. Very nice. I use it to present projects. My teachers are usually very impressed. :)

tremblayd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 2 and an apple tv 2nd generation. I'm just read this thread and I want to know if I will be able to video mirror EVERYTHING on my tv when ios 5 come out. When I say everything I meen can I see my springboard, every app on my ipad, videos and music.

Thanks

OP
mocheesehead

mocheesehead

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well graywolf...I took the plunge and did the jailbrake. The video mirror is indeed awesome! Thanks for the tip!

ryandean7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Could you tell me a site or a way to jailbreak my iPad 1? What benefits would it have and would I also be able to mirror everything through the iPad onto the projector screen? Thanks :)

Reaction score
Yes, ryandean7 - that is exactly why I jailbroke my ipad 1 - and it works very successfully using adapters and cables, and purchasing DisplayOut through Cydia. My favorite connection set up is using the apple hdmi adapter - but that is very spendy. I am now trying to figure out if it's possible to mirror content on my ipad 1 to my tv (or projector with hdmi/dvi) using my recently acquired apple tv. I can stream video content, music, etc, but not all my apps. I did find an awesome app called airparrot that displays my MBP to my screen via apple tv. But it would be great to use my ipad in this way. my iPhone 4S does mirror beautifully, I imagine the iPad 2 does too (both running iOS 5). Let us know if you find anything new! I have searched the forums, but have yet to find a solution.

Most reactions

Latest posts