What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS6 issues

flyfastfar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help, I just bought my new iPad at the Apple store, I updated the software to iO6 & now I have to double click on everything, I can no longer scroll with my fingertip or anything - please help.

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
flyfastfar said:
Please help, I just bought my new iPad at the Apple store, I updated the software to iO6 & now I have to double click on everything, I can no longer scroll with my fingertip or anything - please help.

Try the following (taken from another post lol)

Try restart first and if that does not help try the reset.

Let us know how you get on.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.
and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

OP
F

flyfastfar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately nothing worked, do I just take the iPad to the Apple store? It is brand new, I am brand new to Apple (don't even have the iPhone yet) this is discouraging :mad:

OP
F

flyfastfar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Googled it & found my own answer - works wonderfully :eek: very happy now & back to normal!! Settings --> General --> Accessibility Turn VoiceOver to Off.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wonderful! Welcome by the way. I always try to find it first on the Internet but invariably someone on IPF knows the answer and they are very kind and helpful on here. We are kind of like a very big extended family. Never think your question is stupid. Someone else probably wants to know as well.

Sent from my new iPad using iPF

Jebey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I am an iPad neophyte and I could really use your help. Bought my iPad in July and it was working well. Then, I upgraded to ios6 and that's when the trouble began. I couldn't access my yahoo mail anymore... Please help! Many thanks in advance!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved this thread so that we can keep iOS 6 discussion where they will do the most good.

cru1ser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jebey said:
Hello! I am an iPad neophyte and I could really use your help. Bought my iPad in July and it was working well. Then, I upgraded to ios6 and that's when the trouble began. I couldn't access my yahoo mail anymore... Please help! Many thanks in advance!

Similar switch, downloaded iOS6, now I get "imap.gmail.com" not responding notices, and to confirm email addresses...I've rebooted, checked everything against my iPhone . I'm able to receive emails on iPhone, just not on my iPad2... Anybody???

bmayberry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having issues with the keyboard on the iPad once I upgraded to iOS 6. It floats about an inch above the bottom of the screen, and if you are typing something in area of the keyboard, it will hide it instead of moving the screen above the keyboard itself. Sometimes you can move the screen, but then again, sometimes you can't.

Anyone else having this problem. Hopefully Apple is looking to correct this in the next update, soon.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There are several keyboard tricks available. Check in settings to see that split keyboard is enabled. You can split the keyboard by using two fingers to pull it apart or by holding the key on the lower right that will make the keyboard leave if you tap it. When you hold the key it will give you the option of undocking the keyboard or splitting it. When it is undocked you can choose to dock it.
I found this explanation in the "Pad Secrets" app.

Last edited:

Nickbcn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problems email io6

Since the ipad was updated to IO6, nothing but problems with the email. They often takes ages to send, and the inbox is mysteriously emptied, losing all correspondence. Can I go back to the old system. I have tried reinstalling emails, but it hasn't done any good. I'm pretty fed up with this.

genephares

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apple walked me thru it. deleted yahoo. then they had me do a shut down with both switches at once. then booted and reinstalled yahoo. can't tell exactly how I did it. they did.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since the ipad was updated to IO6, nothing but problems with the email. They often takes ages to send, and the inbox is mysteriously emptied, losing all correspondence. Can I go back to the old system. I have tried reinstalling emails, but it hasn't done any good. I'm pretty fed up with this.

No once you update you can't go back to the previous firmware.

Most reactions

Latest posts