What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 Notification Center

Notification Center on iPad - Ugly or Nice?

• Real ugly, Apple should've made it full screen.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • It's nice, I'll settle for anything better than current notifications.

Votes: 18 81.8%

• Total voters

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, this time, I searched before I posted. ;)
So, I went to apple.com a few days ago, and was checking out the notification center feature. I noticed the on the iPad, the notification center wasn't full screen. I'm sure there will be a tweak for that later, but don't you think the way Apple made it was a little cheap? It looks really ugly, with the home screen still showing while using it. Yet when I see it on the iPhone, it's real nice and sleek. I really thought Apple would've upped the UI a bit, but I guess I was wrong. I posted this thread for you people to discuss wether it looks bad or good on the iPad. There's also a poll up there. Enjoy.

OP
pEAcEmAKeR

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry about that, I didn't really think it'd be neccessary, I was merely hoping for a discussion. But it's fine here, not really a difference. :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'd have Marie (SweetPoison) after you if you didn't put a poll in the poll section..:D

Tim

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I can't see anything wrong with it, i know its not as good as some of the tweeks in Cydia but then it was never going to be.....or that would just admit that Jailbreaking was the right thing to do before ios5 came out!!!
it will be great to see the new ipad, i feel a bit duped having the new ipad come out so soon after the ipad2 was released, but hey ho, time waits for no-one!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If another iPad comes out before April 2012 I'll be very surprised. There is absolutely no point in paying attention to the link baiting rumor mongers surrounding Apple, unless you enjoy the entertainment.

I think I'll wait for the actual release before I worry about what the notifications look like. Apple often tweaks things right up to the last beta. Though I do expect fewer surprises this time. The NDA has become a joke.

tomster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if it's better then the old notifications it's fine with me:)

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not see a problem with it, really anything other then what happens now when we get a notification is a plus in my book!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I guess everybody's against me. :(

More like most of us want to see and use it before deciding (how it will feel to use it is hard to judge from a couple screen shots); and a lot of us are so happy to have improved notifications that it could come with a background image of a land fill and still be welcome. :D

OP
pEAcEmAKeR

pEAcEmAKeR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
More like most of us want to see and use it before deciding (how it will feel to use it is hard to judge from a couple screen shots); and a lot of us are so happy to have improved notifications that it could come with a background image of a land fill and still be welcome. :D

I used it on the beta iOS5 (with a developer account) and I thought it was pathetic. But, everyone has an opinion. :/

Most reactions

Latest posts