What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS5 Music lyrics

nik3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, i have a problem. After updating ipad2 to ios5, music lyrics disappeared from "music" application which replaced iPod. Have any ideas how turn them on?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Edit: Never mind. Just figured out what you are talking about. I didn't realize the old iPod app had lyrics. I don't see anything suggesting the new one does. Sorry. I may poke around some more later. If I find anything I'll let you know.

The settings will be specific to that app. They will either be buried in the app itself, or listed for that app under the Settings app.

It is possible that the update has broken the app. Visit it in the App Store, read comments and/or check out the developers website and support page links.

To get more specific help you'll have to tell people what app you are using, and hope someone else has it too.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I played around a bit more. Since I don't have any lyrics in iTunes I had to manually add some bogus ones.

Results: I can see lyrics on the iPhone 4 when I'm viewing the album cover work. The iPad does note. There are no settings that I can find in iTunes on the computer or on the iPad (or iPhone) that control this. I'm guessing it's just missing from the iPad version of Music, or a bug.

The goodish news is that if Apple decides it's a bug they can fix it a lot faster than of old. Before you'd have had to do another full upgrade, just like the last painfully long procces. Now they can do incremental (also called delta) upgrades, which should encourage them to squash bugs and add features faster than before.

gngon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a workaround.

"Lyrics View" from app store.

Or wait for a fix from Apple.

Regards.

Last edited:

beebeefone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try to use "Pauser Pro".
Here is Lyrics, Auto-pause and much more.
Enjoy

CraigA

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could also try Lyricalizer on Cydia for 1.29$. That is supposed to do exactly what apple music player used to do before ios 5.

Most reactions

Latest posts