What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS Udates

tecknoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teckno.net
Just downloaded the latest software update for my iPad 2, I know there is a lot of information about the iOS 5 forthcoming update around. Is there anywhere that give the update alterations/additions on the last and previous updates?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you just updated from iOS 4.3.3 to 4.3.4 there were no additional features. This update simply blocks the PDF vulnerability that allowed the iPad2 to be jail broken.

Tim

OP
tecknoes

tecknoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teckno.net
Thanks Tim,

I would think this will be the last before iOS 5.

I'm looking forward to this one in the fall, I use Buzz player with my ATV and it works OK showing the .avi videos on the iPad but I only get the sound on the TV, so far as I'm aware iOS 5 will output any thing that's on the iPad to the ATV. I know there are other video players for the iPad for .avi but all need to have a computer running for "on the fly" conversation. I use a NAS drive and as far as I'm aware the Buzz player is the only app will work (I could be wrong though, I sure someone out there knows differently)

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Since updating to 4.3.4 , my iPad freezes sometimes and I can't use the slides to turn it on or off. After rebooting all is fine again but I was wondering if I was the only one having this issue !?

Stardog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The itunes updates are bad enough but I am now getting an ipad update and it is taking FOREVER.after 1 hour it is still downloading the update! I have a fast- not the fastest- wireless internet, but taking HOURS to update is really a bummer.
Also there was no description. If I had known it woould take so long I would have tied up my other computer for this.:(

OP
tecknoes

tecknoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teckno.net
I have had a similar problem and use a download manager and get the updates from here:-

http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware#iPhone_4

I then copy the update file in to:
C:\Users\”Name”\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates

Then load iTunes with iPad connected and hold shift key and click on "update"

Could be different if your a Mac user though!

Most reactions