What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ios 6

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
Looking forward 9/12/2012 for iOS 6 to come out. does anyone know what time it will be released?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin43 said:
Hi
Looking forward 9/12/2012 for iOS 6 to come out. does anyone know what time it will be released?

Keep an eye on the news section of the iPad forums. As soon a a time is known, it will surely be announced there.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It will be released in Australia first so come on down we are 18 hours ahead of USA............lol. ..... It will be released during the iPhone 5 presentation .

Docvan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Supposedly it becomes available tomorrow, but I wonder how advisable to upgrade right away! It might be a good idea to wait awhile (for example, avoid the rush, avoid initial bugs, etc.).

darnice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it, Garbage. Useless maps, useless appstore. buit for I-phone 5, not Ipad's for sure as all the new garbage is big and a waste of the big screens on the ipads. Can i get 5.1.1 back?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
darnice said:
Got it, Garbage. Useless maps, useless appstore. buit for I-phone 5, not Ipad's for sure as all the new garbage is big and a waste of the big screens on the ipads. Can i get 5.1.1 back?

There is no way to revert back to 5.1.1. Couple things in this newest OS do bother me, like YouTube being gone. The maps issue isn't a big deal to me but I can see how it would bother people. This update seems to have affected iPad3 owners in a more positive way than other versions. Oh we'll. at least my update went smoothly and I will say that the interface seems a little snappier. Might just be an illusion but others have said that too.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
s2mikey said:
There is no way to revert back to 5.1.1. Couple things in this newest OS do bother me, like YouTube being gone. The maps issue isn't a big deal to me but I can see how it would bother people. This update seems to have affected iPad3 owners in a more positive way than other versions. Oh we'll. at least my update went smoothly and I will say that the interface seems a little snappier. Might just be an illusion but others have said that too.

There is a small window of time in which you can downgrade to IOS 5.1.1, have a look here
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/90123-time-sensitive-restore-ipad-ios-5-1-1-a.html

Most reactions

Latest posts