What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6: No more street view?

Dennym1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I bought this iPad three with the street view function and apple in thier infinite wisdom, or lack there of chose to take it away. Does that mean I can return it because of manufacture screwup?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dennym1 said:
Well, I bought this iPad three with the street view function and apple in thier infinite wisdom, or lack there of chose to take it away. Does that mean I can return it because of manufacture screwup?

No, street view was a feature of the Google maps app that was included as part of iOS prior to iOS 6. When Google maps were dropped as part of the iOS 6 update, street view was lost. It's not a manufacturing defect.
The new Google maps app available in the AppStore includes street view. It's is an iPhone app, but works well on the iPad. Hopefully there will be an iPad optimized app available before too long.

Dennym1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you much. Downloaded it but, street view is not functioning in my area any more. It use to work fine in the stock map app. Thanks anyway.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dennym1 said:
Thank you much. Downloaded it but, street view is not functioning in my area any more. It use to work fine in the stock map app. Thanks anyway.

Enter your address and follow the directions to get a street view image of your house or any other address. That's how it worked for me.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To get street view in the new Google Maps app, you have to drop a marker by tapping on a road. Not next to a road, but on it. Zoom in if necessary for greater precision. Then tap the white info bar across the bottom of the screen to access street view.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Dennym1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much. Worked like a champ. Makes me feel like a dummy but, at least I am a happy dummy now. Thanks again.

Most reactions

Latest posts