What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 6.0.1 killed Bluetooth on both my iPad and iPhone!!!!!!!

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having major issues at the moment, so everyone beware of the iOS 6.0.1 update!

It's killed my Bluetooth connectivity on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 3GS. The result is, no handsfree in my less than a month old car or connection to my less than a year old Bose speaker! I got away with not having any issues with iOS 6.0.0, but I've had a chunk bitten out of me this time!

I'm seriously unimpressed with Apple at the moment and considering defecting to Samsung for my next phone, as I can no longer tell people that I like Apple products, as "they always work"!

Shooting yourself in the foot Apple. Please take note and fix it ASAP.

Via Tapatalk.

L

Lunar

also on 6.01. Very strange as I use bluetooth a lot to connect to a set of bluetooth headphones which I use for all my online gaming chat with Teamspeak and have had no problems at all, at least not so far anyway.

OP
DNC1968

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had assumed that it was just the age of my 3GS, but I now know it isn't, as my iPad's also affected!

A lot of people reported issues with Bluetooth and the iOS 6 update, but I got away with it. I'm sorry I updated now! :-/

The only saviour, is the fact that I didn't update the other iPad 2, three iPhone 4S and three iPod touch we have in the house!

Via Tapatalk.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had assumed that it was just the age of my 3GS, but I now know it isn't, as my iPad's also affected!

A lot of people reported issues with Bluetooth and the iOS 6 update, but I got away with it. I'm sorry I updated now! :-/

The only saviour, is the fact that I didn't update the other iPad 2, three iPhone 4S and three iPod touch we have in the house!

Via Tapatalk.

I've updated an iPhone 4S, an iPad 3, and an iPad mini to iOS 6.0.1 and all of them work fine with my BT in my car and my BT speaker and my BT keyboards. Zillions of others have done the same.

Neither of your posts speak to what you have done to address YOUR issue.

OP
DNC1968

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nothing for the moment as I'm busy with work and just don't have the time to trouble shoot the problem. It's working as a phone and the wired earpiece is working, so its not essential that I get it working immediately!

Via Tapatalk.

OP
DNC1968

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a quick update. I've manage to get my phone working, so just need to sort the iPad out!

I ended up going back to factory and then doing a clean install of iOS 6.0.1

Via Tapatalk.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing for the moment as I'm busy with work and just don't have the time to trouble shoot the problem. It's working as a phone and the wired earpiece is working, so its not essential that I get it working immediately!

Via Tapatalk.

I am really surprised that you complain openly about your issues before taking steps to try and resolve it I donot care what brand phone, tablet computer or any electronic device you use if one performs an upgrade you can have issues. The first thing you do is perform a reset on all devices and in this case reset the Bluetooth if that does not work perform a restore on a computer in 99% cases most issues will be fixed. If you have special devices you must check first with the manufacture for updates as in some cases their software is old. Parrot car systems is a perfect example. Regarding other brands I have had users of Samsung tablets whom bricked the tablets as a result of over the air updates and in the end needed a total restore so issues can occur with any manufacture. Maybe after you have completed a full restore then let us know the out come but please remember we are a private forum and not Apple owned.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

OP
DNC1968

DNC1968

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will ignore that comment

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk in Australia

Sorry I didn't intend to come over as sarcastic as I did! I was being ironical. It's just my dry humour! Mate ;-)

Via Tapatalk.

cayleg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad mini and iOS 6 Bluetooth problems!

I love my ipad mini but I too have had Bluetooth problems
I think it has to do with Siri when I tap my earpiece it says redialing then Siri comes up
Or earpiece is showing connected but no sound?
So this could be compatibility but I think it's iOS 6 things
Your not alone!

Most reactions

Latest posts