What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 won't send a verifying email when I add another email address

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought I had it set up under Gmail OK but when I tried to add another email address it won't send out the email for verification. I think I also had this issue when I set up the Gmail address. I do have my Apple ID correct at the top of the page.

Any solutions?

I find no mention in the iOS 5 user guide or a forum search.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't quite sure what you mean 'it won't send out the email for verification'. Do you mean that the email is not sent to both or either email address or that a 'verifying' copy is not put into the Sent folder?

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you mean you're trying to create a new Gmail account, I'd create it in Safari or other browser and and ask for verfication via a text msg via phone. Once I'd finished creating it and entering the code in the browser, I'd add the account to my iPad via Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. At least that's how I've done it repeatedly, but I don't know whether you're trying to accomplish something else.

OP
E

Expidia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I have it figured out. I found that in order to send a message to another iPad one needs to use their Apple ID.
The lower section where you add an email address is for sending a "read" receipt. That's the one which had my email address already in there from when I first set it up.
When I tried to use a 2nd email address it just said verifying with the spinning circle but it never sends or I don't receive the verifying email.
Maybe it can only hold one email address at a time. I deleted the Gmail one and now it only has my Yahoo account which is the way I want it.

Have not had enough users send me messages yet to see how well the message module works. I did like using BB messaging module when I owned a BB but since I don't have 3G it is not going to be as efficient as it was to use on my BB.

Thx for both of your responses. I was not able to find much in the way of help with the iOS5 messaging app.

Most reactions

Latest posts