What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 Status Bar Question.

BobHelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 WiFi 64. iOS 5 installed, no known problems. The Status Bar shows the time. Can it also show the date and day? If it can where is that controlled? Thanks.
Bob Helms

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
On the other hand, if you have the Calendar app on the dock, it's icon will show you both the day of the week and month. Hopefully you are normally aware of what month it is. ;)

It shows this even if it is not on the dock, of course. But the dock insures that it will always be visible.

OP
B

BobHelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm so used to seeing the time and date in the system tray on Windows 7 that I thought the Status Bar in iOS 5 on the iPad 2 would also be the best place to have all that information displayed. I don't plan on getting a dock so I guess I'll just have to look at my wrist watch if I need to know what the current date is. Thanks for the replies.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The application dock, also called the Springboard, bottom of the screen. You know, where you put the apps that you want to see all the time, no matter what home screen you are on.

If you don't know how to put an app there, just tap and hold on any app, when they start to jiggle you can drag them on and off the dock/springboard. It will hold a maximum of six apps or folders.

iPadDock.jpg

OP
B

BobHelms

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for that tip. I didn't know that area was referred to as the "dock", I thought you were talking about the Apple hardware dock and it somehow caused the date to be displayed on the Status Bar. Does "jailbreak" allow a mod to the Status Bar for date display? Thanks.
Bob Helms

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Marilyn implied there was. I would not know form personal experience.

You should read the sticky posts at the top of the Hacking forum for more info. I'm not well informed on the subject.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you can have the date in the status bar on a jail broke iPad. The tweak I use is called SBSettings to set it up.

As Twerppoet said - take a look at the stickies over in the Hacking section. You'll see all the neat stuff that you can do to a jailbroken iPad...

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts