What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 reset for resale?

Twism86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
gardenstatetrout.com
Hey all,

Im selling my iPad 2 and the buyer wants it running iOS 5. It currently is on 5.1.1 because i never upgraded to iOS 6. However, he wants it running ready to use with my info wiped but not on the setup screen. Is there an easy way for me to do this, im only family with hitting restore in iTunes and bringing a device to factory ready to setup status.

Tom

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Twism86 said:
Hey all,

Im selling my iPad 2 and the buyer wants it running iOS 5. It currently is on 5.1.1 because i never upgraded to iOS 6. However, he wants it running ready to use with my info wiped but not on the setup screen. Is there an easy way for me to do this, im only family with hitting restore in iTunes and bringing a device to factory ready to setup status.

Tom

I'm afraid that what your buyer wants is not possible. Erasing all content and settings leaves the iPad on the setup screen, just as it was when you bought it new. Any iPad on iOS 5 and above can be set up OTA, without connecting to iTunes on a computer. All your buyer has to do is follow the onscreen directions.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey all,

Tom

Do the following please.

1) Setting -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings. Once you confirm the erase give it a few minutes to reboot.
2) Slide the welcome slider and instead of filling in the answer simply skip or leave blank. iOS will go thru all the questions and start working without needing anything critical from you other than knowing if it can turn on location awareness and language selection if memory serves.

Most reactions