What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5 and importing the keyboard shortcuts from iPhone 4S

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4S with about 1k (no I'm not really exaggerating) keyboard shortcuts I've made since I got the phone a few months ago (any time I misspell something I make a keyboard shortcut, for example if I accidentally type "neighborhoo" and misstype the "d" I make a shortcut). I am thinking of buying an iPad 2 and would like to xfer all of them to the iPad 2 and not have to redo them all. Is this possible? I know I could restore the iPad with the iPhone backup but that seems weird considering that the iPhone has a bunch of stuff on it that wouldn't work on the iPad (like Omnifocus which isn't universal).

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think that this is possible. Of course, I've never tried it, but I can't think of any steps you can take to transfer those shortcuts over. You could try to sync the iPad2 with the iPhone's back-up but I agree with you, I'm doubtful it will work.

So, unfortunately, there's no answer here from me. I do, however, want to ask that you please refrain from bumping your thread. It's not good forum etiquette and it's against our rules. If anyone can help, they will (although, please remember no one is under any obligation TO help).

I think you may have invented a question that no one has any clues how to answer, hence the non-response. Maybe send the question to Apple support or ask the Geniuses at an Apple Store? Regardless, sorry we didn't help - but don't bump. Thanks.

Marilyn

andrzejf1994

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cydia.cba.pl
Navigate to /private/var/mobile/library/Keyboard and copy "UserDictionary.sqlite" and "UserDictionaryWordKeyPairs.plist" then transfer it to another iDevice to the same directory and You'll have Your dictionary on both iDevices :)

Regards,
Andrzej

plakius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Navigate to /private/var/mobile/library/Keyboard and copy "UserDictionary.sqlite" and "UserDictionaryWordKeyPairs.plist" then transfer it to another iDevice to the same directory and You'll have Your dictionary on both iDevices :)

Regards,
Andrzej

I don't understand where I am looking. Please help me

talastar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to know as well; I have a bunch of keyboard shortcuts that would be helpful to be able to just transfer between the devices.

Most reactions

Latest posts