What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 5.1.1 update on the New Ipad

TaraMorgan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I am not experiencing any of the bugs & issues this update was released for, is it really worth loading ? More so when there have been further problems reported by those that 've taken the plunge on their iPhones & iPads

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Hi Tara, I was going to ask the question in a different way: what does this new update do? And I'm surprised there isn't a whole lot of discussion on it already! I was tempted to go the the update page and see what it had to say, but I'll bet it won't tell the whole story.

Cheers!

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TaraMorgan said:
If I am not experiencing any of the bugs & issues this update was released for, is it really worth loading ? More so when there have been further problems reported by those that 've taken the plunge on their iPhones & iPads

I wouldn't upgrade if you are jail broken as there isn't any compatible jailbreak for this version.

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
TaraMorgan said:
Here's what the update fixes.....still not sure if it's the right move for me, maybe others can shed light on the aftermath

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2012/05/11/ios-5-1-1-update-problems-discussed/

Since you are into posting links, that explain the issues experienced with an iPhone, that link gives you some pretty good idea on what you'll encounter with updating the iPhone. I'm assuming you are wanting to know about your iPad. Here are some links that you might want to further read, FROM this forum:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/75229-ios-5-1-1-issues.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/75628-does-5-1-1-improve-battery-life.html

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/75218-anybody-upgrade-ios-5-1-1-a.html

Shed light on the aftermath? Only time will tell, this was just released a week ago.

OP
TaraMorgan

TaraMorgan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I ve done it just to stop the nagging feeling......and to load future updates quicker! Above all to stay updated!

I haven't noticed any anomalies and it took only 5 mins.....

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I ve done it just to stop the nagging feeling......and to load future updates quicker! Above all to stay updated!

I haven't noticed any anomalies and it took only 5 mins.....

Really, regarding your concerns of after math...it's hard to say if there is any yet, since the updateis fairly new. I updated mine a day after it was released and my iPad is running fine. I use it quite a lot here on this forum and have not noticed any issues ...for me at least.

OP
TaraMorgan

TaraMorgan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still ticking away.....I hope it stays that way! I use the iPad for everything & anything, no degradation in performance so far!

Reaction score
I need some help I have the first ipadmthey made can I upgrade to the iOS versions they keep saying I need for some apps?

L

Lunar

I need some help I have the first ipadmthey made can I upgrade to the iOS versions they keep saying I need for some apps?

It installed it onto my wifes iPad 1 and have not noticed any issues.. seems fine, same on my new iPad 3.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Shannon-what version are you currently running on your iPad.

Verify by going to settings/general/version.

The latest update is 5.1.1 -- if you are at 4.3.5, you will not have the ability yet to do it over the air (OTA) and will need to do a direct wire connection to iTunes on your computer.

Goavs18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a question, I was over on the Apple forums and was reading that a few people have been having issue with the 5.1.1 update causing their Ipad2 and Ipad3 bricking the ipads. I have looked through these forums and havent seen anything about this, I was just wondering. Me and my wife are working in Kuwait and are wanting to update our Ipads with the new IOS 5.1.1 and if there is an issue I dont have a local apple store to run to and get it fixed. we are currently running IOS 5.1.

Last edited:

slothead

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
tjmanson1.wordpress.com
Goavs18 said:
I have a question, I was over on the Apple forums and was reading that a few people have been having issue with the 5.1.1 update causing their Ipad2 and Ipad3 bricking the ipads. I have looked through these forums and havent seen anything about this, I was just wondering. Me and my wife are working in Kuwait and are wanting to update our Ipads with the new IOS 5.1.1 and if there is an issue I dont have a local apple store to run to and get it fixed. we are currently running IOS 5.1.

In your case I would sit tight for a few weeks until these "rumors" are verified or vilified. Or as an alternative, if one of you can go without in a pinch, update the lesser needed device for a test (and be prepared in the short run for it to fail).

Good luck,

twistr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the upgrade my wifi constantly looses connection after waking u p from sleep. Very annoying. How do you go back?

ChristianPerello

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twistr said:
Since the upgrade my wifi constantly looses connection after waking u p from sleep. Very annoying. How do you go back?

Ughhhhh I wish I could go back as well!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions