What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.0.1 Installed.. wifi still not working.

psmoore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed iOS 5.0.1 today hoping beyond hope that it would fix my problem, but alas, not wifi fix for me. Have done everything anybody and everybody has recommended, even erased everything and reinstalled 5.0, etc. I can connect to any wifi but where I work. The IT people here took my iPad and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't connect. My wifes iPad is a mirror image of mine and I can connect with hers, but not mine.

The only thing I can think of is the night it quit working at work, I hit "forget this wireless (or whatever it says)". Since then I haven't been able to connect. I had been watching HBO GO and then at the end of an episode of Entourage, it just quit working. Like I said, I can connect everywhere else. McDonalds, my other jobs, home, etc. Just this one job.. Oh well I guess.

Hope 5.0.1 fixes everyone elses problems.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
psmoore said:
I installed iOS 5.0.1 today hoping beyond hope that it would fix my problem, but alas, not wifi fix for me. Have done everything anybody and everybody has recommended, even erased everything and reinstalled 5.0, etc. I can connect to any wifi but where I work. The IT people here took my iPad and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't connect. My wifes iPad is a mirror image of mine and I can connect with hers, but not mine.

The only thing I can think of is the night it quit working at work, I hit "forget this wireless (or whatever it says)". Since then I haven't been able to connect. I had been watching HBO GO and then at the end of an episode of Entourage, it just quit working. Like I said, I can connect everywhere else. McDonalds, my other jobs, home, etc. Just this one job.. Oh well I guess.

Hope 5.0.1 fixes everyone elses problems.

If you have hit the forget this network then you will have to reinstall it. In the wifi setting when you are at work is your iPad picking up your works signal. Do you have 'ask to join networks' tab on. Hit choose a network and then input your works Internet name and join. Normally this will bring up another page for a password to be inserted. Have you done any of this? Once installed the iPad will remember the connection and join automatically. Let us know.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Routers have memories. Once they decide they don't like a device they can refuse to work with it until they (not the iPad) have been reset.

You need to do two things. First have the iPad forget the network as before, then before adding it again get the job site to turn their router off for at least two minutes and then restart it. Once it's back up try joining the network again.

Most reactions

Latest posts