What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 5.0.1 file size - Really Apple?

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
733MB!

I thought iOS 5 was supposed to do away with bloated update downloads. Or is this an admission that despite the 0.0.1 nomenclature this is a major bug fix?

Guy1717

iPF Noob
Reaction score
733MB!

I thought iOS 5 was supposed to do away with bloated update downloads. Or is this an admission that despite the 0.0.1 nomenclature this is a major bug fix?

When i check the update it says 39,4 mb
I haven't updated yet because I have no problems at this moment

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guy1717 said:
When i check the update it says 39,4 mb
I haven't updated yet because I have no problems at this moment

Yep, that's how big it is, I updated using my myfi last night so I can vouch for the size.

The Archangel

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Over the air updates only add what they need to now. In other words, it's no longer a complete re-install like it used to be.

JTMustang3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is anyone else, having same issue I am after this update......click on settings, and it is blank! I did a hard reset and still was blank but if you let sit there about 15 seconds, finally pops up?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

JTMustang3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad not just me, what's up with that I wonder?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
K

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did my update via iTunes because I had the iPad connected at the time and it was the full 733MB as I said originally. Why do 700+ MB updates via iTunes if you only need a 30MB update via wifi? That's plain dumb on Apples part.

All I can say is that the iTunes update worked perfectly.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You did a full replacement installation and not an over the air delta update. Apple should allow you to chose whether or not to do an update or a full install in a future version of iTunes.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The wifi OTA update is very fast. Took me 5 minutes

They result in the same thing in the end

Most reactions