What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iOS 4.2 Beta 2 vs HP Wireless Printer

zanuto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw alot of videos and articles published about AirPrint with HP Wireless printers, ok... i'm using iOS 4.2 Beta 2 and I have a HP OfficeJet A809 (wireless)

Both in the same network (AirPort 1TB)...

I can use this printer with any mac or pc in my network, is already shared in my mac... but...

1) There's no AirPrinter or AirPlay in iOS 4.2 beta 2 icon
2) I'm trying to print over safari and photos app, both says "No printer found"

any idea?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw alot of videos and articles published about AirPrint with HP Wireless printers, ok... i'm using iOS 4.2 Beta 2 and I have a HP OfficeJet A809 (wireless)

I can use this printer with any mac or pc in my network, is already shared in my mac... but...

any idea?

Seem’s in the Beta (2) no AirPrinter and no AirPlay too i am also in Beta2 and didn’t find the function :(

maybe we have to wait the beta 3 or the golden release

OP
Z

zanuto

iPF Noob
Reaction score

any idea?

Seem’s in the Beta (2) no AirPrinter and no AirPlay too i am also in Beta2 and didn’t find the function :(

maybe we have to wait the beta 3 or the golden release

can you try this please:

open a website, click in the icon to forward the page (email link, add to fav., add to start page...) must have a item PRINT, try to find your printer please

i always get no printer found :(

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can you try this please:

open a website, click in the icon to forward the page (email link, add to fav., add to start page...) must have a item PRINT, try to find your printer please

i always get no printer found :(

I get the same i have try from two days ago but don’t work , just now i also try what you ask and same as you … No printer found

4phun

iPF Noob
Reaction score

any idea?

I posted a hot tip to the general discussions yesterday on how to print to any printer from the iPad using DropBox. Look for it. If you have any problems PM me.

The idea is so simple it is like falling off a log and you do not need to buy a new printer. You can be anywhere in the world and print to your home printer as soon as you boot our PC or Mac.

DropBox will hold the file and it will happen automatically when the desktop and your printer are on.

If they are both on when you send the file to print it will print a few seconds later.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't understand why it needs to be so specific....why doesn't it just use CUPS to connect like every printing app in the app store does??

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am able to print to my HP wireless printer. But it won't find it unless I actually share it from a PC (I use Windows). Then it sees it by it's actual name, not by its share name. Kinda weird.

And oddly enough my iPad asks for my Windows PC user name and password each time I go to print something, even though I have it shared openly on the local network. But it does in fact print. Works pretty good actually. So far have printed from Mail, Safari, and Photos.

Michael

OP
Z

zanuto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found the solution. I've updated my Snow Leopard to 10.6.5, now the printing service is working fine...

One member of apple developer forum board, gave me this tip.

iPad / iPhone 4.2 can do printing jobs if some mac running 10.6.5 have the printer shared, so... iPad/iPhone will use his driver to execute this task...

weird... but working...

Most reactions

Latest posts