What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 13?

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of coming improvements to the native photo app for iPad?

Thank you
Mark

OP
Melie

Melie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you so much. My hope was easier sorting and cataloging.
Like being able to actually move a photo into a new folder without leaving a “pointer” in the “all photos “ folder then still having to wade through all the photos to find something. Again thank you for your help.
Mark

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Photos are actually only stored in the All Photos folder. Photos in other folders are only links to the originals in All Photos.

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you so much. My hope was easier sorting and cataloging.
Like being able to actually move a photo into a new folder without leaving a “pointer” in the “all photos “ folder then still having to wade through all the photos to find something. Again thank you for your help.

Hi Mark - a feature that has always annoyed me, i.e. albums simply contain links (aliases) to the images in the 'Camera Roll' - as already stated, likely to not be changed so still a nuisance.

An option (and I'm only suggesting the one I've used for a number of years - there are likely others) is to use another 'photo manager' - the one that I'm currently using is Photo Manager Pro 5 - believe just a $3 USD purchase at the App Store - website page shown below (first pic) and App store appearance (price not listed because I own the app) - check the link given and the Apple reviews to see if this might be a better choice for you in organizing your photos - good luck and let us know - this question has come up for years and others are likely in the same dilemma - Dave
Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 6.23.52 PM.png
IMG_8553.PNG

Most reactions