What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intuitive - NOT!

Jofe77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I joined this forum, hoping to find answers to problems I might encounter with my Ipad2 and to learn from others thru their experiences. However, I find this app to be difficult to navigate and understand. I can't get search to work, I found it extremely difficult to delete a post and still not sure if I succeeded. I can't figure out how to unsubscribe from the app in order to delete it. Is anyone else finding this app difficult or is it just me?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you want to delete the app, you delete it like any other app. You can use the website if you prefer.

I don't care for the app, but I didn't find it difficult. Someone started a poll about the app, and people overwhelmingly liked it.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jofe77 said:
Hello. I joined this forum, hoping to find answers to problems I might encounter with my Ipad2 and to learn from others thru their experiences. However, I find this app to be difficult to navigate and understand. I can't get search to work, I found it extremely difficult to delete a post and still not sure if I succeeded. I can't figure out how to unsubscribe from the app in order to delete it. Is anyone else finding this app difficult or is it just me?

Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

I always use the app and prefer it. Yes the search feature is a little hard to fathom, it's all about the words you input. Haven't tried deleting a post and I'm not sure what you mean by unsubscribe, if you mean to delete just press it until it jiggles, a black and white cross will appear, press this and you will be asked to confirm to delete.

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.
There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
J

Jofe77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow thanks for the replies. I tried to delete and I got the x's , but no jiggle, no delete. iwill ask more questions as I can formulate them. As far as search goes, when I put in my search question on this forum vs google, I got nothing on the forum, but lots of help on google. I thought maybe it didn't get posted. I couldn't see it among the posts. Ididn't know whathappened to it. And no one replied. I write this one and 4 people respond in a couple of hours, so something went right the second time.

OP
J

Jofe77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot in my reply to ask why I was told to read the rules again. did I violate something? Please helpme by telling mewhat I did. I apologize for whatever, it was not intentional.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No not at all, each of us has our own welcome message, sometimes it doubles up is all. It is a lot to take in when you first join and we all realize the transition, so don't worry. :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Heh I don't dislike the app but I do prefer to just use the browser. Feels less restrictive somehow.

And don't worry about the read the rules rubric as I bet none of the mods have read the itunes licence agreement in full :)
(ducks back under the bridge)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow thanks for the replies. I tried to delete and I got the x's , but no jiggle, no delete. iwill ask more questions as I can formulate them. As far as search goes, when I put in my search question on this forum vs google, I got nothing on the forum, but lots of help on google. I thought maybe it didn't get posted. I couldn't see it among the posts. Ididn't know whathappened to it. And no one replied. I write this one and 4 people respond in a couple of hours, so something went right the second time.
Your other post was a duplicate which we consider to be spam and was deleted. Only post the same content once. With over 140,000 members you're likely to get a reply sooner than later. Understood that you were experiencing trouble using the new app, so no problem.

Enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts