What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction and question

tcobb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site, looks like a great place to obtain information.

I recently lost my IPAD 32g wifi. I had mobile me activated but I am unable to locate my device. Is it possible for someone to deactivate?

Help... I am lost without my device. :)

Terri

Reaction score
I think it can be off and accomplish the same as deactivating it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong and the gps works even when the unit is turned off.
Is there a last know location feature? I've never used mine so I truly don't know.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from my iPad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad has to be on, and it has to have an internet connection, either through 3G or Wifi (sleep mode is fine). The WiFi iPad will be less accurate than the 3G, because it does not have a GPS, instead it estimates it's position by comparing what hotspots it can see against a database.

If someone takes the iPad and restores it, it will not be trackable even when it is connected. At least not by the Find My iPhone app.

Most reactions