What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introduction and also a question

faad_s

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, i am a new member in this forum and that's all my introduction :D
I am always proud to apple moreover all of its product become a trendsetter for every kind of a machine on earth. But.... Hikss... Sometime because most of people on the world using windows, i found some obstacles in it. Such as, my office is using a program database which is running on windows, it needs ms sql, sql server, visual basic as the program builder and crystal report as report viewer. I have browsing on the net that it could use filemaker or maybe a vnc such as citrix or paralel mobile. But, it is not the same as i am expecting to. I have tried to join the developer but i couldnt download the sdk and ipad simulator, because the big file it is. It just need time, but the signal in my country is like a beach. I have tried to connect my macbook pro to ms sql but still have no clue bout it.
The point is, because i am working on a human resources, i think it would be nice if ipad could do the visual basic program and the sql server work on it. It is hard to bring a laptop even the thinnest one like macbook air. I know that it is impossible to install windows xp on ipad, but would you help me to work on it. So i could work with a database (ms sql) with some kind of interface program and it is not for sale to any one, just my office and get install it on every ipad on my office?
Regard, Faad_s.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No, you can't install XP.

It should be possible to run an SQL client. There are several in the App Store, at least in the US App Store. I don't know about Jakarta's. I just did a search for SQL and saw several, including MySQL database client.

I don't have an enterprise SQL database to work with, so I can't help you with the setup. It's something you'll have to work out with your IT department.

OP
F

faad_s

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your attention... Could you mention it for the program it is?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look for 'MySQL Database Client' and 'MySQL Admin' depending on your application. As twerppoet said in his post, it's not possible for us to know if these are available in your local App Store.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions