What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Introducing...Tod Wicks!

The_Eck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks, Tod here. I'm in my late 60s and have been in the telecom sector all my working life (Pacific Telephone, Rolm, Raynet, Cisco) and caught the home computer bug in the mid-70s. I began with an Apple II (several successive models) and moved to the Mac in 1984 (again with many successive models). I currently use an early-2009 Mac Mini that I've upgraded to 4GB RAM and an 120GB SSD, putting the stock 320GB HDD in the optical drive slot. I was born, raised, and worked in Palo Alto and retired a few years ago to someplace else (can't reveal my current location due to Federal regulations!). I'd call Berlin my second home since I spent several years there during the Cold War, and again in the 90s installing state-of-the-art fiber optic telephone systems. I just took delivery of an iPad 2 on Monday Apr 4 and I enjoy the freedom it gives me, not to mention how light it is.

Last edited:
OP
The_Eck

The_Eck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome! I use to live near Palo Alto!
Cool! Where?

And I notice that you're now in Sacto - been there many times taking US 50 to Echo Summit and to the Lake (you and I know which one!).

OP
The_Eck

The_Eck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, what do all those green batteries under your name mean?

Most reactions

Latest posts